clutch and brake on the wrong sides

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #11  
I remember when motorcycles had brakes and gear shifts on different sides, it wasn't a problem if you only rode only one. I totaled my Honda and replaced it with an European bike. One block from the showroom floor, I blew through a stoplight when I down shifted instead of braked. I quickly got use to and loved it. In 1975 I think, it was mandated bikes had to be uniform.

For some switching back and forth isn't an issue, for some it is.

I have heard though can't verify Kubota will follow everyone else and make the change; glad I just bought a new one, physical issues preclude my use of left foot brakes.

I can see how switching back and forth, might be a problem, but I only have one tractor. I occasionally use the steering brakes now in 2wd when in the woods when I need to miss a tree:) The left side brakes make is ever so much easier. And you can use it in reverse too! I know this sounds petty, but I have really gotten used to the electric switch on the dash for the 4wd and the PTO too. The pull up and push down lever on the L3400HST was hard to actuate and I hated to switch back and forth between 4wd and 2wd. But the electric switch makes it all just too easy. And as much as I loved the single hydrostat pedal on the Kubota I have acclimated to the 2 pedal system of the Kioti much faster than I thought I would. Now that said, I would LOVE to have some of the features of the Kubota HST+....hmmm I wonder if the HST+ hydro would fit in my kioti.. :D

James K0UA

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #12  
I grew up with the clutch on the left side and the brake on the right. Why do they come out with them switched my Massey 2410 has the direction and speed control on the left and I noticed my friends John Deere mower the same? Is it me? I would like it the other way around or like my country clipper mower just a joy stick.

Off side, near side,,,come on, are you untrainable? ;-)

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #13  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #14  
I can see how switching back and forth, might be a problem, but I only have one tractor. I occasionally use the steering brakes now in 2wd when in the woods when I need to miss a tree:) The left side brakes make is ever so much easier. And you can use it in reverse too! I know this sounds petty, but I have really gotten used to the electric switch on the dash for the 4wd and the PTO too. The pull up and push down lever on the L3400HST was hard to actuate and I hated to switch back and forth between 4wd and 2wd. But the electric switch makes it all just too easy. And as much as I loved the single hydrostat pedal on the Kubota I have acclimated to the 2 pedal system of the Kioti much faster than I thought I would. Now that said, I would LOVE to have some of the features of the Kubota HST+....hmmm I wonder if the HST+ hydro would fit in my kioti.. :D

James K0UA

James, I have found we can adapt to most things and even change our minds about some things once thought of as the only or best. I have stated any number of times how much I disliked it that Kubota had abandoned the lever operated PTO in favor of push button, but have quickly acclimated to it on my L5740.

I miss the push button "on/off/on demand MFWD drive button on our Case, so I can sure identify with your preference on the Kioti.

I have used the side by side HST pedal for more years than the Kubota and can use either one with the same ease; seems like my preference changes depending on the day of the week and my tasks.

I no longer farm and rarely and I mean rarely do I ever use steering brakes on anything, so it's not an issue for me, but my youngest son, 33 years old, does, mostly on the M8540 but also on the L5740. We've discussed it and he prefers the uniformity of brakes on the right which we have on ten of the eleven tractors we have. I have posted and can't dispute that for those who need/want/prefer brake steering on an HST that the Kioti/John Deere etc. setup is easier to use. We just have to pick what works best for us.

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides
I have no problem with it now but I have older brothers who have retired and they like to come over to my acreage and rotor till and both get pissed off at it one dam near hit my bobcat. I too had a foreign bike an excelsior (I don't know if i spelled it proper) but I was young then and it did not bother me.

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #16  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating forum.

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #17  
I grew up with the clutch on the left side and the brake on the right. Why do they come out with them switched my Massey 2410 has the direction and speed control on the left and I noticed my friends John Deere mower the same? Is it me? I would like it the other way around or like my country clipper mower just a joy stick.
They changed it because there is no longer a clutch. Your 2410 is a hydro unit, 1 pedal for forward and 1 pedal for reverse. It makes sense to have both of those on the same side.

With the left foot brake, on the 2410..........it's a hydro(hydros come to almost a complete stop when the 'go' pedal is released, the brake(single pedal, no split brakes), is mainly used for parking..........but can be used for the 'final stop' or in case you are near a bank or some touchy situation, you can hold the brake with your left foot while your right foot controls 'forward or reverse'. I have found that extremely helpful when working near vehicles, banks and hooking up implements where small movements may be necessary involving a complete stop that is needed immediately as hydro's will still roll a little when your foot is off the 'go' pedal. Especially if you live on a hillside like I do.

Hope this helps

I think I must of said it wrong I know the the unit is hyro It don't matter I would have sooner brought something made in north America but we don't make any small equipment here anymore, now we have to adjust.

/ clutch and brake on the wrong sides #19  
Do you have anything on a brake job how to.billmorris47 @yahoo,com

I am sorry I don't