Clutch or throttle issue?

/ Clutch or throttle issue? #11  
The foot throttle isn't normally used in tractor operation. Leave that out for now.

For the hand throttle, I would start with a parts diagram. See what parts are supposed to be there and what they are supposed to look like. These tractors aren't complicated, they're the kind of things you can take apart by just looking at what's connected.

/ Clutch or throttle issue? #12  
I used the foot pedal quite often. Most of my operation was with the lever set to obtain 540 PTO revs. There were still several hundred RPMs left before hitting the governor stop. If I needed some more throttle to maintain the desired 540 PTO revs - on an uphill pull while mowing for example - I'd just add it with the foot pedal.

There are at least three variations of what Jinma calls the "Engine Control Mechanism" for the 200 Series. I have diagrams of two of them. But the foot pedal/hand lever/shutdown pull rod on both are interdependent. If something goes wrong with one, it might adversely affect one or both of the others. Depends upon the nature of the issue. But as quicksandfarmer suggests, there's no substitute for the proper manuals. Are you working towards obtaining a set yet?

Below is a diagram of the setup I had on my own 200 Series. Let me know if it doesn't apply to yours, and I'll upload the other diagram. What you won't see, is the return spring. That's considered part of the governor.
200 Series throttle linkages.jpg
Whatever you bent, may be affecting normal motion of another segment of the assembly - they interact. As I recall, the issue you're addressing is why the tractor has started going faster downhill that previously. I'm guessing whatever piece you bent is interfering with normal governor operation by over-riding the amount of fuel specified by the relationship between the governor and the lever setting. Start with the return spring, watch to see what it's doing as this downhill acceleration occurs. What you want to see is a spring that either doesn't move at all, or works to unwind in its effort to maintain revs.

//greg//

Last edited:
   / Clutch or throttle issue? #13  
I read that RV article about diesel engine compression braking and almost cried. He says diesel engine compression braking is minimal and then goes on to describe how compression forces "cancel out". He then goes on to describe the Jacobs Engine Brake, but he failed to state the key phrase that encompasses diesel engine compression braking (the Jake Brake only intensifies this), and that is NET ENERGY LOSS. I'm not going to go into a dissertation about this :zzz:
As long as no fuel is delivered to the injectors there will be quantifiable compression braking. You can perform a simple test to verify this: Climb a hill in an appropriate gear range and governor setting, then go down the same hill in the same gear range but with the governor set to the idle or no fuel setting.