Clutch Play adjustment

/ Clutch Play adjustment #11  
   / Clutch Play adjustment
Winston, he is saying that turning the turnbuckle thing one side or rod is lengthening and the rod on the other side is shortening. Instead of them both pushing out and lengthening on turning the same direction.

Probably makes no sense.

Confirmed. For my particular tractor, and turnbuckle(TB). When you turn it counter clockwise (as viewed from the front of tractor) the portion of the linkage that is closest to the rear of the tractor gets longer- more threads showing, while the portion that sticks out of the TB closer to/towards the front of the tractor gets shorter - fewer threads showing. Essentially canceling each other out.:mad: I would assume that all things being equal clockwise would simply result in the reverse situation. Seems like someone was not threaded correctly.

Well... One way or another I will make it so that when one turns the buckle it either gets longer or shorter - not simply change the location of the buckle...more to come i'm sure.

Per the inertia clutch. Was working with the tractor this evening. Cleaning up debris from logtruck that delivered firewood and repairing/altering tiewall and slope it holds back along drive where said logtruck hit it with his rear axles on his way out:thumbdown:. I was putting it in creeper gear and going creeper slow peeling the sod and topsoil away. Once my bucket was full i would push in the clutch and simultaneously press the brake. I wanted a higher gear so that I could transport the sod to a new spot. When I would take it out of the creeper gear the tractor would settle or move the instant I popped it out of gear. Is this the inertia clutch; or is my clutch not fully dis-engaging? This could all come out in the wash once I get the clutch linkage to actually elongate and shorten - not just change orientation.

/ Clutch Play adjustment
OK back in business. Whoever put this together must have known it was wrong from the get go. The must have gotten the linkage to a workable length, then put it together. Went to local Kubota dealer and found a correctly threaded linkage piece that was a bit long - trimmed it and now I have my clutch free play correct.