clutch use ?

/ clutch use ? #1  

BlackOps

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
I read tha manual and talked to a few dealers. the dealers pretty much say that use the clutch to start and when engaging pto.

the manuals say to use clutch to start AND STOP the tractor, for use on all pto uses and also when changing from high to low gears on a hydrostat.

the ladies that answer the phone at mahindra USA are useless and basically rude so i never can ask anyone above the receptionist any questions. THis is the 4th time i have tried for various reasons.

/ clutch use ? #2  
The manual gives the official protocol, but with that disclaimer I use the clutch only when cranking the engine and when engaging the PTO. The range shifter is not synchro, so it may shift slightly better with the clutch depressed. I have no idea why a person would use a clutch to stop a HST tractor under normal usage.

On a side note, why would you call MUSA directly for a simple question like this? This is an easy question for your selling dealer. I can see calling if you have a highly technical question for which your dealer has no answer, but even then the dealer should contact the expert and respond to you. Of course I am not implying that there is any reason for anyone to be rude at MUSA. There is never a reason for that, and it surprises me that you were not treated in a professional manner. Our apologies.

/ clutch use ?
Dave, the reason for contacting them is that the dealer wasn't really sure about a number of things and getting disparate info from people or other dealers or else most people and dealers say other than the manual I was trying to find out from mahindra. I see nothing wrong in asking any question of a company. I paid them for the tractor and as i said many dealers have differing takes about this and many other things. That is why I contacted your dealership and asked the one gentleman while you were on vacation. I want to do the right thing!!!

/ clutch use ? #4  
Dave, the reason for contacting them is that the dealer wasn't really sure about a number of things and getting disparate info from people or other dealers or else most people and dealers say other than the manual I was trying to find out from mahindra. I see nothing wrong in asking any question of a company. I paid them for the tractor and as i said many dealers have differing takes about this and many other things. That is why I contacted your dealership and asked the one gentleman while you were on vacation. I want to do the right thing!!!

That's reasonable enough. Just wondering. I think things are really changing. It used to be that about every question went to a dealer. But the world is smaller now with the internet, forums, basically free long distance calling etc. Even though many manufacturers still want to push any call back to a dealer (and often for good reasons) they may need to also have a tech guy ready to answer from HQ. We think less in terms of brick and mortar, more in terms of google and email.

We are always ready to help, take care.

/ clutch use ?
you seem like a good dealer but not all dealers are very swift. and you have to deal with one's close to you whether they know much or not or else get another brand of machine.

/ clutch use ? #6  
BlackOps why don't you save yourself a bunch of time and just go with what your manual says? In the last nine years of use, I've found 99 percent of what I needed to know was in there. The only change since my manual was printed is, Mahindra changed the specs on the front axle fluid from gear oil to hydraulic fluid.

/ clutch use ? #7  
That's reasonable enough. Just wondering. I think things are really changing. It used to be that about every question went to a dealer. But the world is smaller now with the internet, forums, basically free long distance calling etc. Even though many manufacturers still want to push any call back to a dealer (and often for good reasons) they may need to also have a tech guy ready to answer from HQ. We think less in terms of brick and mortar, more in terms of google and email.

We are always ready to help, take care.

I agree as I have had customers call Mahindra directly about a problem, and never mentioned the problem to me. I always tell them to let me know if there are any problems or questions, but some have called Mahindra directly. Dave, by the way I miss Tim Z, I am sure you know what I mean, he was a store house of information.

sayask them why and they usually sa

/ clutch use ? #8  
Dave, by the way I miss Tim Z, I am sure you know what I mean, he was a store house of information.
I had lunch with Tim once and we talked and talked while I picked his mind. He was the definite "go to man"for Mahindra tech questions. We all miss him. RIP, Tim.
hugs, Brandi