Clutch wear

/ Clutch wear #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
Hi, this is the clutch adjustment of my Kioti LK30. I have about an 1.5" of play in the clutch pedal while the service manual calls for 0.8"-1.2" of play. The adjustment seems to be to its further end (ie, cannot reduce the play anymore). Does this mean the clutch is almost worn out? It's a dual stage clutch (PTO and transmission) if it matters. The clutch doesn't slip so far. Thanks.

YDWGKUL.png

Attachments

• YDWGKUL.png
    YDWGKUL.png
    896.6 KB · Views: 70
   / Clutch wear #2  
Clutch disc wear typically increases the pressure plate finger height which in turn decreases pedal freeplay when the external linkage pulls the rod to disengage the clutch.

/ Clutch wear
So you're saying that has the clutch wears, the free play decrease and I'll need to move the rode out so essentially, the wear is minimal here?

/ Clutch wear #4  
Things that increase free play may be a stretched cable, worn pivot points, worn throwout bearing, bent or worn clutch arm, worn pressure plate fingers.

/ Clutch wear
So, for a tractor having 510 hours (I know it also depends on how the clutch was ridden) and from what I said and the picture above, should I be concerned with its clutch wear?

/ Clutch wear
Great, thank you. Although I somewhat know my way around car's mechanic, owning a diesel tractor is new to me so I prefer being safe than sorry :)