Clutch Won't Disengage PTO

/ Clutch Won't Disengage PTO #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
Clutch Won\'t Disengage PTO

I've noticed a "knocking" somewhere in my B2710 HST driveline for a while now. I becomes more predominant when the machine has been working under load (ie. pulling the box scraper/landscape rake. etc.) Mechanics at the dealership can't identify what the problem might be.

Was out playing "brush mower surprise" yesterday and discovered that pushing the clutch pedal in wouldn't disengage the PTO at rated (2,600) RPM. Out of curiosity, I went back up to 2,600 RPM with the mower engaged, pushed the clutch pedal in and pushed the HST pedal down and kept travelling until the mower RPM's had gone down quite substantially.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks,

Slim

/ Clutch Won't Disengage PTO #2  
Re: Clutch Won\'t Disengage PTO

I don't know what it might be, Slim, but of course, the first thing I'd be looking at is the clutch linkage and adjustment.

/ Clutch Won't Disengage PTO #3  
Re: Clutch Won\'t Disengage PTO

The clutch is between the engine and tranny, right? The mower isn't affected because it's inertia in drivin the tractor, after all there isn't a clutch on that end of the tranny. Unless you put one of the overrun clutches between the pto shaft and the mower's drive shaft. As for the knockin' check all your fluit levels. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif