Cold hands

/ Cold hands #11  
Some years back I got a Christmas gift of a pair of gloves that had a battery in them to keep them warm. They worked great and I'm not sure what happened to them. Either got lost in a move or they walked off. They did keep my fingers warm, however.

/ Cold hands #12  
The semi-metallic woven "space gloves" liner gloves I found in an original box at a garage sale were really very effective, alas, I wore them so often that tey are starting to be more hole than glove just from the friction inside my other gloves.

I found that they really did keep my hands warm, at least before a significant amount of material eroded away.

I highly recommend them, but have no reference as to where to fond them. I really like to wear mine under my orange "Homer" gloves.
YMMV.
PS: If anyone knows where I can lay hands on (or actually in them...) I'd love to get another couple of pairs for future use.

Thanks,
Thomas

/ Cold hands #14  
Back in the era of unpressurised bombers the crews wore 3 pairs of gloves (layers being the key) with silk liners, normal gloves and then fleece gauntlets. The open tail gunners also had unreliable electric gloves too. Sports shops do sell glove liners although they are not real silk these days :-( Keeping the layers dry is the biggest thing. Motorcycle gauntlets will help as the final layer, they are wind and waterproof with some dexterity available.

/ Cold hands #15  
Mace - What is the brand name of the gauntlets in your post. Thanks

/ Cold hands #16  
I'll just reply to ye title - warm heart.

Bud, since ye're in Michigan, I'd listen to old PhysAssist who's also in cold country instead of us southern boys. Dexterity and warmth might be a hard combination to find.

/ Cold hands #19  
I froze my hands years ago and now they are very sensitive to cold and mitts are the only way to warm.