Cold weather lighting

/ Cold weather lighting #11  
Closest Menards to me is about 500 miles. We have Home depot and Loews but about the cheapest 2 lt T8 fixture is about $20.

Have you considered ordering online? I've ordered small items (electrical not stocked) they were shipped from CA to MI for $5. Closest Menrads to me is 25 miles and $5 wont enven buy the gas to go there and back.

/ Cold weather lighting #12  
Have you considered ordering online? I've ordered small items (electrical not stocked) they were shipped from CA to MI for $5. Closest Menrads to me is 25 miles and $5 wont enven buy the gas to go there and back.

Actually I've never shopped Menards online or otherwise. I think I'll give it a try since I hear so much about it lately.

I get tired of Homedepot and Loews and around these parts that is about it. Of course we have Ace hardware but I find them a little higher in price. Now if I need small plumbing supplies Ace is the place, as they say.

/ Cold weather lighting #13  
i mounted a 4 100w 6000k cfls to a 2x6 and hung that on the cealing to get rid of my t12s. I tried to change out from a t12 to t8 with cold start and could only ever get one bulb to light. I gave up and went with cfl's/

/ Cold weather lighting #14  
I had a pair of T 12 double 8 ft long in my garage and they were a pain in cold weather here in Maine.

Finally went to Hommy Depot and bought 4 T 8 4 ft fixtures with 2 bulbs in each Just $25 a fixture.

the 4 ft bulbs are easier to replace easier to store and you can place the fixtures to distrabute the lite better.

Most likely will put the old T12s in the basement workshok here it is warm, or maybe sell or trade them for something I can use.

Capt@WickedGoodOutdoors.com