Coming down to the wire!

/ Coming down to the wire! #21  
Actually "Quarter Inch Valving" is the low priced control with less precision than "Position Control." Position control allows for infinite adjustment of the 3pt hitch, quarter inch valving moves the 3pt in 1/4" increments. Not a big difference, but not as accurate and not as good. I forgot about quarter inch valving on the B7800.

/ Coming down to the wire! #23  
Well, If my research is correct and only applies to the long run, Are you going to keep your tractor for a long long time?
I bought the Kubota because of the life of the engine.
They sleeved the cylinders for easy over-haul. If I ever get that many hours and if I live that long, my SON will have to rebuild it.
Just a thought for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Coming down to the wire!
The decision is final, the purchase has been made... is this worthy of a new thread or should I post it here?

/ Coming down to the wire! #25  
Post it here...I'll remember better that way.
I love the color ORANGE.

/ Coming down to the wire! #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The decision is final, the purchase has been made... )</font>

I checked out your posting time. . .

Having trouble sleeping? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Congratulatons! . . . I think. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Coming down to the wire!
I love the orange too! Except I fell in luv with blue... oh well, the blue machine is on its way.

It was a really hard decision (yes, enough for me to lose sleep over).

These parts, I see more slightly more blue than oranges, although with aggresive marketing, Kubota might eventually change that. Of course, the promotion of NH proved to be slightly more alluring than Kuboto.

I opted for the 2.9% 5 year plan instead of 0/36, simply because if a hard month or two were two arise, I feel more comfortable with the smaller note. Dollar for dollar, NH seemed a better deal. And if I feel ambitious enough, I can always pay more on principal on those good earning months.

As far as reliability is concerned, I expect with proper care, any of the 'big 4' (and even the smaller players) should outlast me. Heck, I've even flirted with the idea of just getting a 8N with all the attachments for 3K and living a life without an extra monthly note. Ahhh, but once you see and feel the purrring of a new machine, its sets in your mind like a termite gnawing on wood.

Size and power played a minor and probably somewhat irrational impact in the decision process. A couple of extra HP at the PTO, a couple hundred extra pounds of lift, heavier weight of the machine were factors I played over and over.
Of course, I could have opted for the L3400, but then there is the extra dollar amount plus higher promotional interest of Kubota. Then, I'm sure I would have to start a thread on a tc33 vs L3400.

I liked the platform layout and seating comfort of the NH more than Kub. The one piece hood and lights on the Kub were, IMO, much better.

I've read some threads concerning binding on the 4WD on the NH which has me somewhat concerned.

And the quarter inching valve of the Kub just didn't quite do it for me.

As far as the 12,900, the dealer wouldn't budge. I did find one 400 cheaper further away but local service won out in that decision.

/ Coming down to the wire! #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And we are both named Jim /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

We two Jims must have made a good argument. He bought the TC30. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey! Good decision, toddis. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Coming down to the wire! #30  
I guess so, The more <font color="blue"> BLue </font> the merrier. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe one of these days we can overtake <font color="green"> green </font> on the main page. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif