Comments on Trailer Brake Controllers?

/ Comments on Trailer Brake Controllers? #21  
I have the Tekonsha Prodigy and haven't had any problems with it. I have never used another type of controller so I really don't have anything else to reference it to. I wired up my father's truck so that I could swap it into it when needed. He used it with my 20' 10K trailer when he picked up a load of chain link fencing. He was very impressed and said it was as different as night and day from the old brake controllers they used to use years ago.
BTW, I have a little Husky 51. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeff

/ Comments on Trailer Brake Controllers? #22  
Well Ill chime in with my Jordan. We tow a couple trailers with the loads being around 10000lbs and it has worked flawless. As far as saws I got a stihl with the old people pull start since im old /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL

/ Comments on Trailer Brake Controllers? #23  
Tekonsha Prodigy. I haul a 4 horse gooseneck living quarters trailer with my '04 Dodge/Cummins and have been quite pleased with its performance. The premade wiring harness plugged right into my truck's towing electronics. Toughest part of the install was figuring out where to mount it...

LAXPatrick

/ Comments on Trailer Brake Controllers? #24  
I have 6 prodigys-always worked great. I like the digital on them as you can go back to the same reading without guessing.
Have 1 draw tite. works great to.
have a couple voyagers. To much guess work trying to get to the right setting. you have to basically liten to when the tires are squeling to lower it.
Have 2 huskys, 1 john deere (echo), 1 shindaiwa.
1 stihl pole pruner & about 13 stihl trimmers- 2 loop & the rest bike handles
all the above work great.

/ Comments on Trailer Brake Controllers? #25  
I have one called a "Husky" I think it's made by "Valley". It was very inexpensive (~$69). It's digital readout for both power and response time. It seeme to work well. I have a 33,000lb dump truck and a 18,400lb flatbed trailer. It's easy to adjust on the fly. Can't wait to get a new Superduty with the tow-command system.