commercial driver's license requirements

/ commercial driver's license requirements #21  
The states meet the standards of the code of federal regulations and then have some of their own standards. Thats where the interstate confusion comes from . Yes if you are driving a vehicle that falls under dot regulation you have to have a
cdl. Oops more than 2 cents. :)

A lot of misinformation on the internet from the uninformed.

Truck can easily fall under DOT regulations and NOT need a CDL. Needing #'s and med cards at 10k for example but not a CDL until 26k.

/ commercial driver's license requirements #22  
Six years ago, when I was racing, in S.D. the DOT came to the track and told us if we received price money for racing, then we were in commerce. All diesels p.u. or trucks required IFTA stickers, log books and DOT numbers. And must stop a the scale 3 miles away.

If you had a semi tractor converted to a RV, pulled a double decker enclosed car trailer, you were exempt!

Many drivers went to the semi RVs to get around the bs.

Dave

RV's are exempt until you use them "in commerce".

Any one that tells you that pickup needs to follow the regs because it is a diesel is clueless.

/ commercial driver's license requirements #23  
A lot of misinformation on the internet from the uninformed.

Truck can easily fall under DOT regulations and NOT need a CDL. Needing #'s and med cards at 10k for example but not a CDL until 26k.
I agree with what you're saying.

Is there anything else other than the numbers and med card needed at 10K? More insurance or inspections or log books, etc??

/ commercial driver's license requirements
I agree with what you're saying.

Is there anything else other than the numbers and med card needed at 10K? More insurance or inspections or log books, etc??

if a vehicle has a dot number i believe that vehicle is required to have a federally-mandated yearly inspection by a qualified shop. log books are required for drivers operating vehicles that require a cdl.

i do deliveries for a ranch supply store. the vehicle is a diesel-powered single axle ford ln8000 with a gvwr of 26000. the vehicle does not have any sort of trailer hitch. it is obviously a commercial vehicle, but i don't require a cdl to drive it (even though i have one). a vehicle requires a cdl to operate when the following two conditions are both true: 1) the vehicle is used in commerce (ie, it is a commercial vehicle), and 2) the gvwr is over 26000 pounds.