common practice or not ; what do you think ?

/ common practice or not ; what do you think ? #31  
It is likely common practice.

With that said, it mattered when I bought my tractor. It was manufactured in 2010 and I was buying in Nov. of 2011. The dealer let me know there was a$500 incentive to take the 2010 (with less than an hour on it) rather than the the 2011 beside it (with less than an hour on it). All other things were absolutely equal. I suppose he wanted the 2010 to move. He didn't tell me about the incentive until we were in the office and he was writing up the quote.

He didn't have to do that but he earned my repeat business. The OP will likely think twice about repeat business with that dealer.

/ common practice or not ; what do you think ? #32  
The question is if it is common practice and the answer is yes.
Enjoy the tractor!

/ common practice or not ; what do you think ? #33  
Here's how I see it, presuming there's no difference between an x360 built in 2011 or 2012, i.e., it's just a machine, not a car with new selling features each model year. The dealer would rotate his stock, selling you the oldest one he has, not what just came off the truck. Maybe if you were not in a rush and had done some research, you could have dickered on the price based on the tractor being a year old, or shopped around. Obviously that wasn't the case. So, unless the tractor you bought was rusty or shop-worn and you know the dealer sold someone else a brand spanking new one for the same price, I see nothing wrong.