Comparing a JD and a Farmtrac

/ Comparing a JD and a Farmtrac #11  
one other thing i have noticed is the ford/ farmtracs run at a much lower rpm than other tractors, most i have noticed rate power at around 2100 rpm, the 3910 and the 545 both turn 1800 rpm. thats quite a difference. really im not cutting other brands, i dont own a farmtrac, i just think they are under rated.

/ Comparing a JD and a Farmtrac #12  
Hello zkw2433

I just sold a 2005 Farmtrac 535, I had it for 10 months or 169 hrs, it went to the shop 9 times. I felt I had to get out of it before the warranty was out, took a 3 thousand dollar loss. No one knew about the brand when I went to sell it, stay with something well known. It was one of the worse purchases I have ever made. The dealer was great, the product was not. Save your money until you can get a Deere, Kubota or New Holland. I just purchased a new JD 3320 ehydro, what a difference. Much more money, and I hope it will be a much better tractor. Time will tell. At least I don't have everyone asking "What kind of tractor is that?".
This is just my experience, maybe I had a lemon, all makes have them. Good luck with everything.
David

/ Comparing a JD and a Farmtrac #13  
I have looked a little harder at the specs and I think a 5225 would probably be a better comparison. It will end up 4-5k more expensive than the farmtrac.

An option to consider is the economy PTO. Might save some fuel if you do much bushhogging.

/ Comparing a JD and a Farmtrac #14  
Zack: Lots of good posts regarding your problem. Since you will be using it for your new business, make sure you feel real comfortable in whatever you purchase. Seat time, seat comfort, location of the controls ore only a few things to consider. JD has some pretty comfortable seats. How much time in the seat are you putting in on a daily basis? Remember that anything mechanical can & will break down. Parts availability would be paramount in a business application & JD has overnight parts.

Good luck in your purchase.

Jon