Pat's Easy Change Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch.

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
So I’ve been thinking about a quick hitch…. I’ve used a Pat’s easy hitch for nearly 20 years.. but lately I’ve changed tractors and got a few more attachments.. and my new tractor has a hydro top link…
The top link complicates things a little when switching attachments..

I think my bushhog OR Tiller MIGHT not be compatible…but I might also be replacing the tiller..

Has anyone used a pat’s and moved to a quick hitch? Or used a quick hitch and moved to a pat’s ?

Or doesn’t any have both and change them On the same tractor?

Or has someone with a Pat’s dropped a quick hitch on the pats ? Yea that adds 3 -4 inches to the pat’s 3-4 inches .

Checking every option and idea…

Thoughts?

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #2  
I use a Pats.
Had a quick hitch (more than 1 actually). Some stuff was compatible, some stuff wasn't. Some stuff was supposed to be and wasn't. I found I put it on for 1 attachment, then had to take it off for the next, then put it back on for the next. Much happier with the Pats.

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #3  
You both mention the critical factor about quick hitches. If all your equipments fits one quick hitch then you are good to go… but if one or more pieces does not have the exact same dimensions then the purpose of a quick hitch is defeated… for me pat’s is the best option since a single quick hitch would not fit everything.

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #4  
I had an iMatch on the Deere, I've got Pat's on the Kioti; I wouldn't bother replacing the Pat's with a standard Quick Hitch, personally. I wasn't bothered by the bushings when the iMatch was all I knew, but I'd never own another hitch that required them. On the other hand, I'd get a Speeco E-Hitch over the Pat's if I was doing it again.

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #5  
I had a Speeco also. Same problem. Some stuff worked, some stuff didn't. At least with the Speeco you don't need the bushing.

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #6  
The end game for me was to limit or eliminate the times I mount and dismount the tractor. I had to modify any of my stuff that didn't fit and make a hydraulic setup to operate the release levers on the QH. Now unless I'm attaching something with a PTO I never have to get out of the cab. That's just not possible with Pat's. Heck, I have extendable lift arms that work almost as well as Pat's as far as times on and off of the tractor..

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #7  
I think it comes down to if your implements all fit the quick hitch or not... mine are old and used and only a few fit the quick hitch. With Pat's, everything fits it!

To make Pat's work better, I did upgrade my 3 point hitch screw tighteners to the quick adjusting stabilizing arms.

Now that I can weld, cut and play with metal, I *might* revisit getting all the implements to fit the quick hitch. I sort of remembering the quick hitch making hooking up the PTO shaft harder - no room to work back there...

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #8  
One problem with quick hitch is older implements do not exactly fit QH..... Solution is to mod implement to bring it into QH compliance.... Its not a QH problem, its a manufacturer's....
_ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg
problem.....

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #9  
Euro hooks. One and done deal. It just works.

Once you try it, you won't want anything else.

And no, these are not the same as PATs. Not even comparable in my opinion.

Attachments

• 12_EC1-1024x1024.jpg
    12_EC1-1024x1024.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 173

/ Comparison… pat’s vs quick hitch. #10  
Euro hooks. One and done deal. It just works.

Once you try it, you won't want anything else.

And no, these are not the same as PATs. Not even comparable in my opinion.

Attachments

• 12_EC1-1024x1024.jpg
    12_EC1-1024x1024.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 173
The best way by far.