COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges #21  
"The previous owner had all 4 tires filled"

Unless you have duals on the rear, my understanding is you never fill the fronts. Bob was right about tractor weight. I did not fill my rears and still see n o need for it. Even when ripping with my boxblade (1000lbs) and rippers as deep as they can go I need to be in low with lots of wood on the fire. I like the weight/ballast ratio I'm at now without adding anything. As far as weights go with Kioti vs anyone, make sure your comparing oranges to oranges etc.. To simply assume a model is the same because the PTO HP is similar or the price is similar doesn't always mean they are the competing or similar model. Since I know nothing about Kioti or Kubotas B series, I leave it at that.

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges #22  
DAP - Thanks for a great post and putting into words my observations from looking at both Kubota and Kioti. From my TBN education, the weight factor seems to favor Kioti. The ergonomics you mentioned seemed equal to me as I would have to adjust to either.

RichardG - So far, your posts have about as much informational content (,,)as your profile ( ) /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges
My Bad kinda, Don. The tire sizes are similar in size to do a general comparison but are withing and inch and a half at the measuring stick i.e. not swappable.

My point was that the 2 machines while ALMOST the exact same size are VERY different machines, most assuredly because of their weight differences /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

CORRECTION: the CK25 and CK30 specs say they weigh precisely the same.

Um .... I have my doubts but the diff would be neglible.

Anyway, Kioti is looking for 300$ US per horsepower between the CK25 and the CK30.

I'd bet Skurka's ranch that the 25 will start to squeal and bog in uphill run through 20 inch pasture grass with a 5 foot brush cutter on the butt. I have a question about 25 hp pulling a 600lb cutter attached to a 3100lb machine (save the 8n arguments) up some slopes.

I digress ....

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges #25  
<font color="blue"> I'd bet Skurka's ranch that the 25 will start to squeal and bog in uphill run through 20 inch pasture grass with a 5 foot brush cutter on the butt. I have a question about 25 hp pulling a 600lb cutter attached to a 3100lb machine (save the 8n arguments) up some slopes</font>

I will say, there is no one machine that will work in every situation. If you have extreme mowing conditions to deal with, you'll find the extra HP beneficial.

Don

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges #26  
Well,,,sodamoneo,you havn't read all of them then,,have you,,,look up the welding stuff,,,been pretty educational there,,,,,what do you think about those chinese tractors,,hard to beat,,ain't they? thingy

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges #27  
<font color="blue"> I live in gushy-squishy land </font>

Is this your place?

See the picture....

Don

Attachments

• 488000-Florida Sports Park and Swamp Buggy Races History - Photo Album.jpg
    488000-Florida Sports Park and Swamp Buggy Races History - Photo Album.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 243
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what do you think about those chinese tractors,,hard to beat,,ain't they? thingy )</font>

Sure are. The few I've seen were already beat before they were outta the crate.

Can't kill it twice can ya?

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don, I have parts near the seasonal streamlets that If I took anything with an engine on it, it would look a lot like that pic.

Back in the 1930s, a previous owner fitted an old Model T pickup with balloon tires to drive up the streamlets coming down from the Schunemunk ridge to the east of the property. Those lands were clear then, former pasture land, they are now a 70 year old forest.

Yankee swamp buggy inovator!

/ COMPARISON: Oranges and Oranges #30  
<font color="blue"> Yankee swamp buggy...... </font>

This is what you really need..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See the picture...

Don

Attachments

• 488013-Florida Sports Park and Swamp Buggy Races History - Photo Album.jpg
    488013-Florida Sports Park and Swamp Buggy Races History - Photo Album.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 216