Competitive prices for BX1850

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #1  

PJNH

Looking for anyone to share their paid for price for a BX1850 w/loader and 54" mower + rear mount snow blower. What range should I look to pay?

Thank you.

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #2  
Paid $12,000 plus tax for what you're looking for except the rear snow blower, but including a ballast box. That was the best I could do from local dealers here in the Northeast. This area is pretty well known for higher pricing for all of the major brands.

I did get much better quotes on the same set up from several out of state dealers, including shipping. Being my first Sub-cut, I felt the need for local support in case something went wrong. What part of the country are you in?

/ Competitive prices for BX1850
I am in NH so I would imagine the price structure is similar. How long have you had it? Positives and negatives?

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #4  
Looking for anyone to share their paid for price for a BX1850 w/loader and 54" mower + rear mount snow blower. What range should I look to pay?

Thank you.
A year ago I looked at a BX1850 with the 54'' MMM for $9100.
Didn't get one but I did get 2 BX1500s ; one new one used .
I also got a new 48''tiller and a 60'' Hydrulack lift and angle front blade along with 48'' mower for them .

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #5  
pjnh,
i think chris has you in the right ball park ($11.5 -$12k) for the bx/fel/54'mmm, plus the cost of rear blower.
i agree with you that, it's a good idea to try and offer support to a local
kubota merchant . . . however, big dollars are big dollars (i chose to purchase
locally).
i am a bit conflicted about my bx1850. the rear jolt of the tranny in reverse
stopping . . . is annoying, and not-- to date-- fixable by kubota. perhaps this will not be an issue for you operating the rear blower.
at the very least, i'd have you test drive a bx (no sermon here). the tranny problem in the bx1850 is remedied in the new metal version of the bx1860.
you do have a bit of leverage or bargaining on your side. i would assume that dealers would prefer move their bx1850 inventory, to make way for the
bx1860 (if they are going to carry it, am outside of philadelphia, pa- and my dealer is not going to carry it).
FYI, kubota now offers 48 month financing (w/15% down) at 0.0 interest . . . worth looking into. (it was 36 months when i bought mine) . . . maybe a bx2360 for the extra torque and horsepower for snowblowing . . . now, let me tiptoe away from this minefield, back to my swampy kingdom.
good hunting, shrekbelly

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #6  
I am in NH so I would imagine the price structure is similar. How long have you had it? Positives and negatives?

I bought mine the end of June. As Shrekbelly noted, the biggest issue is the abrupt stopping coming out of reverse. The tractor will jolt to a stop if you let off the reverse pedal in the normal fashion. If you let up slow, it's not as bad, but it's hard to prevent some degree of jolting. The BX1860 fixes this and makes some other changes such as metal hood/fenders instead of plastic. However, word is the BX1860 will be about $700 +/- more.

I'm hoping that Kubota eventually offers some type of modification to address this issue. Other than that, I'm completely impressed with it. I've moved full buckets of crushed stone and top soil with only a 5' rear rake for ballast and didn't loose traction (of course I did need 4WD and the diff lock on occasion). These little tractors don't know they're not one of the big boys.

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #8  
pjnh,
i forgot to mention, when i bought my bx . . . quail unlimited, a kubota partner was offering a $300.00 discount towards the purchase of a kubota tractor, for a mere $30.00, 1 year magazine subscription fee to their group.
i don't know if it's still in effect . . . but three hundred is worth the leg work to find out. shrekbelly

/ Competitive prices for BX1850
Thank you gentleman. I will keep you posted. I may look in the used market as well though the financing is lousy. Larry B -- you have TWO BX1500's? My neighbor has one and I like it a lot but none to be found in my area.

/ Competitive prices for BX1850 #10  
Kubota BX2350 Tractor , 23 hp, 60 inch deck, turf tires.., MSRP $11,584.00... sale price $9,579.00