Complicated but hear me out.

/ Complicated but hear me out.
Some really great ideas. Is it a consensus opinion that a backhoe attached to an L 40 HP will not be considerably more capable than the backhoe on my BX24? Conversely will the backhoe on an L TLB be considerably more capable than the backhoe on an L tractor?

/ Complicated but hear me out. #12  
My opinion is the opposite of what you just said on both counts. Look at the breakout force and reach specs online. Where the TLB will excel for sure over an L is with convenience of BH use.

/ Complicated but hear me out. #13  
Ok so here they are with bucket and dipper forces (to approximate breakout forces):

Bx24:
Reach=8'7". Depth=6'1"
Bucket=1936#. Dipper=1171#

BH92:
Reach=12'6". Depth=9'2"
Bucket=4548#. Dipper=2698#.

L47:
Reach=13.5". Depth=10'
Bucket=5825#. Dipper=3779#

No question the BH92 on a 45hp+ L-series will out perform your current machine by a lot IMHO.

The other ways the L47 may excell other than convenience is weight and durability.

/ Complicated but hear me out. #15  
Trade them all, get the 1 big tractor for the backhoe and get a zero turn for mowing the lawn.

What about the 4 acres of fields?

/ Complicated but hear me out. #17  
I'd dismount the backhoe and throw on a 6 or 7' bush hog. Depending on the tractor and brand, that may be an easy task or a real chore. A good zero turn could easily maintain 4 acres, but you'd have to mow more frequently than a couple of times a year. I used to use a lawn tractor on my 3 acres of lawn and the 5' bush hog on my 2 acre field. Then I switched to mowing all 5 acres with the lawn tractor each week, which took 4-5 hours. I bought a 54" zero turn and now can do all 5 acres in 2 hours. You can get a 72" zero turn and make quick work of the job. This of course assumes the fields have been tamed and are smooth enough to use the speed of the zero turn. Having 5 acres of manicured grass looks really great!

I'd dismount the backhoe and throw on a 6 or 7' bush hog. Depending on the tractor and brand, that may be an easy task or a real chore. A good zero turn could easily maintain 4 acres, but you'd have to mow more frequently than a couple of times a year. I used to use a lawn tractor on my 3 acres of lawn and the 5' bush hog on my 2 acre field. Then I switched to mowing all 5 acres with the lawn tractor each week, which took 4-5 hours. I bought a 54" zero turn and now can do all 5 acres in 2 hours. You can get a 72" zero turn and make quick work of the job. This of course assumes the fields have been tamed and are smooth enough to use the speed of the zero turn. Having 5 acres of manicured grass looks really great!

That's the problem, the ease of removing the backhoe to mount the brush hog. The 60 inch brush hog is not an easy removal and reinstall single-handed especially as one gets into the 60s!

/ Complicated but hear me out. #20  
<snip> The 60 inch brush hog is not an easy removal and reinstall single-handed especially as one gets into the 60s!

I resemble that remark.
I've got Pat's Easy Change, a 5' hog and am 65. I drop the brush hog either on HF mover dollies or if on rough ground I use 2x4's on blocks. That way I can easily slide it back and forth by hand for fine adjustment when I go to hook it back up.

Easy peasy