Computer stupid

/ Computer stupid
If this demon child computer had vaccuum tubes, points, or a mechanical fuel pump I might stand a better chance of getting something accomplished on it!!! Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome. I'll get the hang of it eventually. In the mean while the wife and kids get free entertainment watching me teeter on the verge of an electronic device induced breakdown!!!

Thanks again,
Bob

/ Computer stupid #22  
Hello,

My name is Bob Kern. This is my first time attempting to use this demon possessed gadget to get on a forum and so far it's not going too well. If there is a benevolent and patient soul out there who happens to see this and would be gracious enough to teach an old dog new tricks, please email me ( I begrudgingly learned how to do that for work) kernbob@msdmail.net. Thanks in advance!

Bob

Hello Bob. You wouldn't believe how easy children pickup on touchscreen or mouse/keyboard. Driven computers. For some of us that still have rotary phones. Cells phones, computers, programming a clock can be a challenge. My suggestion to you is to get a daughter or son or grandchild if old enough to point you in the direction of YouTube which is a site full of stupid and informative how to videos. Not all the videos are stupid. The iPad is super for watching videos. I believe it has an app on the screen that says YouTube. Plus you can go to your nearest bookstore or used bookstore and look for "iPad for dummies" it's a line of leaning book for all types of topics but explained on an entry level. I'm still learning new tricks with mine. For messaging it is extremely fast.

Start by going to this link while sitting in a comfy chair and watch these videos.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PklbV68L_Po&desktop_uri=/watch?v=PklbV68L_Po

/ Computer stupid
Very funny jf.... and yes right now I look alot like the guy in the picture under your name.
On a more important subject ... anybody out there know if my attachments I have been using on a 5000 series gravely walk behind tractor will work on a super convertable??? got a chance to buy one for 250

/ Computer stupid #24  
Welcome to TBN, Bob!

I would suggest, since your using an IPAD, that you go to the App Store and find the TBN app and install it (if you haven't done so already). I pretty much exclusively use my iphone or ipad, and find the app much easier to use on these devices than the normal site.

Sorry I can't help with your gravely attachments question, but am sure someone will be along that can.

/ Computer stupid #25  
Very funny jf.... and yes right now I look alot like the guy in the picture under your name.
On a more important subject ... anybody out there know if my attachments I have been using on a 5000 series gravely walk behind tractor will work on a super convertable??? got a chance to buy one for 250

Bob,
repost your question in the Gravely/Ariens section and you'll get a good answer quickly.
Drew

/ Computer stupid #27  
Hello Kernbob! Welcome to TractorByNet. I'm sorry you're having trouble using your iPad. Just hang in there and you'll get the hang of it. Everyone here is really friendly and they would be happy to help.

Here is a quick and helpful tool for you to learn to use the site; a Help page we put together that describes how to use some of the most common functions of the site:
TractorByNet Support FAQs - TractorByNet.com

Also, because this is a discussion regarding the website and not necessarily an introduction, we moved your thread to the News/Feedback forum.

If you need any more help, please feel free to contact us through our Support system here:
TractorByNet.com Support