Concrete Block Wall Height

/ Concrete Block Wall Height
Gordon, my bad, I forgot the mortar and rebar. I think you are a bit high on the price though. Last I checked portland cement was about $8 a bag, lime was about $10 a bag, a ton of masons sand was $10. IIRC the last time I built a comparable wall like this it took 4 bags of portland and less than a bag of lime. Rebar is on sale at Menards now for $2.89 per 10'. It would take 10 bars for a 40' wall. I'm surprised also that the price of the block is not higher. Right now they cost about as much as they did 2 years ago.

I probably should have added this earlier, but where I think the big savings on a pole building is the roof. I want a loft in my barn, if I do build it. The reason I figure it would be cheaper in the long run is that I want something that I won't constantly have to be repairing because the anaimals tear it up.

/ Concrete Block Wall Height #13  
Why do you need to line the wall with plywood? Are you insulating the barn? What is it going to be used for?

If I put up a pole barn I would have to line it because I'm afarid the metal wouldn't last very long with animals pushing out against it.

/ Concrete Block Wall Height #15  
Bob,
Have you considered going to a local saw mill and use rough sawn wood?
The board take a little longer to put up but do have the extra thickness. I have used rough sawn for all my buildings and have no regrets due to the saving in material. You could then skin the outside with metal as well as the roof.
Good luck
Phil