Concrete Boots

/ Concrete Boots
Tractor Supply store still lists yellow over boots (#648784499) for about $25. Also have muck boots but cost much more. I use the yellow boots when working with concrete. They are fairly cheap and wash off if you get to it before it dries. I can't see paying a lot of $ for concrete boots.

The ones I am looking for sold a few years ago for $20 or less and did not need to be hosed off. The concrete would actually fall off as it dried if I was walking around a bit.

/ Concrete Boots #12  
I was also expecting stories about jimmy!

/ Concrete Boots #13  
I interpreted your title quite differently and thought this would be a discussion about disposing of fellow Mafiosi or something like that.:)

Now why would a guy from RI, where the Patriarca's crime family were from think of anything but cement boots?? :D

/ Concrete Boots #14  
Now why would a guy from RI, where the Patriarca's crime family were from think of anything but cement boots?? :D

Actually we are quite civilized in RI. First we elect them mayor then we throw them in jail then we reelect them mayor then send them back to jail. Keeps Narragansett Bay from being too polluted with concrete boots.

/ Concrete Boots #15  
IslandTractor said:
Actually we are quite civilized in RI. First we elect them mayor then we throw them in jail then we reelect them mayor then send them back to jail. Keeps Narragansett Bay from being too polluted with concrete boots.

Isn't being mayor worse than being in jail?
I mean everyone thinks you are wrong, you are always being watched and above all nothing you say or do goes unpunished!

:)

/ Concrete Boots #16  
Isn't being mayor worse than being in jail?
I mean everyone thinks you are wrong, you are always being watched and above all nothing you say or do goes unpunished!

:)

The funny part is that nearly everyone thinks he is a very good mayor (when he's not in the slammer). Efficient, effective and generally well liked. Just has a little problem with observing laws.

/ Concrete Boots #17  
IslandTractor said:
The funny part is that nearly everyone thinks he is a very good mayor (when he's not in the slammer). Efficient, effective and generally well liked. Just has a little problem with observing laws.

What did he do, or fail to do?

/ Concrete Boots #18  
What did he do, or fail to do?

What he did well was renovate the city in a way that has gotten near universal approval from all quarters. Downtown Providence is a tastefully rejuvinated area that simply works very well both for business and public/social coniderations.

I was wrong that he went to jail twice, only once. He resigned as mayor twice. The first resignation as mayor was required after he pleaded guilty to attacking a contractor with a lit cigarette, an ash tray and a fireplace log (what ever happened to brass knuckles and switch blades?). He accused the contractor of having an affair with his wife. Ciani himself had promoted the law that ended up forcing him to resign. He was later reelected as mayor and it was during that tenure that the feds charged him with about thirty offenses related to bribery etc but actually nailed him only on one racketeering charge. He was in the federal pen for about five years. Got out a few years ago and threatened to run for congress but so far hasn't reentered politics. Google Buddy Cianci and you'll find books and even an award winning documentary about him. His biography, which has a great title, is: Politics and Pasta: How I Prosecuted Mobsters, Rebuilt a Dying City, Advised a President, Dined with Sinatra, Spent Five Years in a Federally Funded Gated Community, and Lived to Tell the Tale

/ Concrete Boots #19  
What he did well was renovate the city in a way that has gotten near universal approval from all quarters. Downtown Providence is a tastefully rejuvinated area that simply works very well both for business and public/social coniderations.

I was wrong that he went to jail twice, only once. He resigned as mayor twice. The first resignation as mayor was required after he pleaded guilty to attacking a contractor with a lit cigarette, an ash tray and a fireplace log (what ever happened to brass knuckles and switch blades?). He accused the contractor of having an affair with his wife. Ciani himself had promoted the law that ended up forcing him to resign. He was later reelected as mayor and it was during that tenure that the feds charged him with about thirty offenses related to bribery etc but actually nailed him only on one racketeering charge. He was in the federal pen for about five years. Got out a few years ago and threatened to run for congress but so far hasn't reentered politics. Google Buddy Cianci and you'll find books and even an award winning documentary about him. His biography, which has a great title, is: Politics and Pasta: How I Prosecuted Mobsters, Rebuilt a Dying City, Advised a President, Dined with Sinatra, Spent Five Years in a Federally Funded Gated Community, and Lived to Tell the Tale

Ol' Buddy, now on the radio everyday, just critisizing the current mayor.

You left out the part where he lost all his hair in prison! :laughing:

Nothing like hijacking this thread, huh??

/ Concrete Boots
Ol' Buddy, now on the radio everyday, just critisizing the current mayor.

You left out the part where he lost all his hair in prison! :laughing:

Nothing like hijacking this thread, huh??

That's what I have been thinking. 12 posts about some guy I have never heard of. But it has been interesting so keep posting guys, maybe we can get to the bottom of the guys charisma.