Confession

/ Confession #1  

JimBinMI

Veteran Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota BX25D-1, New Holland TZ18DA
To all true Blue owners,

It has been less than a week since my last confession. Really, I confessed the paint color coming off my filter upon removal..just ask MarkC.

My mother-in-law needed a new lawn tractor so I took her out shopping. I felt she needed a very local dealer, my NH dealer is 35 miles away, so we looked at Toro-Wheel Horse, Simplicity and John Deere (which she is replacing after many good years of service). Didn't consider Kubota since Consumer Reports ratings are very low on their lawn tractors, and dealer is 35 miles away.

We went tonight and she bought a John Deere that will be delivered on Mon-Tues. Seems like a nice unit, moved her up to Hydro and a bigger deck. Heck, I might even mow for her once in a while. Really liked the cruise feature of being able to increase/decrease cruise speed with the cruise handle.

Also need to confess that I glanced at 790's, 4200's, and bigger. I will try to be more BLUE in the coming days, weeks, etc. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

P.S. - Need more of you die-hard BLUE owners out there to help me keep these Kubota guys in line! It is not a one man job you know! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The world without Blue would be too Orange!

/ Confession #2  
Jim - Condolences. But I notice that it was your mother-in-law...

You're wasting your time calling for NH reinforcements, Jim. Hint: There aren't enough NH owners in the world to keep PaulB in line, much less the rest of us. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Mark

/ Confession
Mark,

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

The world without Blue would be too Orange!

/ Confession #4  
Absolutely Jim, French Blue is a lovely color, provocative even. I see it splashed all around the neighborhoods in nearby San Francisco. GO BLUE, yeah, rahh, ohh yeah! Rat...

/ Confession #5  
In my pen, 1 blue, 2 orange, chevy's, toyota, Jeep, Ford.

Even with the BX, may still get a smaller unit and really like the baby JD's, does this mean I'm politically correct?

Rainbow Boy (del...)

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ Confession #6  
JimBinMi, couldn't help but notice the comment about Consumer Reports ratings. It's a long story, but I dropped my subscription many years ago when I realized that their ratings are not worth even looking at unless you read their complete report, and see whether or not they are rating features that are important to you.

Just as one example, many years ago when they rated walk behind lawn mowers, they rated the Lawnboy very low because it was a 2-cycle engine and didn't have the power to cut as fast in 12" tall grass as a Briggs & Stratton. Well, I didn't let my grass get that tall; I bought a used Lawnboy, easiest starting, most reliable, easiest to use lawnmower I ever saw or used, and it was still running great when I gave it to my son-in-law 15 years later. A friend of mine recently bought a used Lawnboy to replace the one he's been using for 25 years when it gives up.

And how many of you remember the hatchet job Consumer Reports did on the Suzuki Samurai for being unstable and too easy to turn over? And after they destroyed that vehicle, they finally admitted that the Ford Bronco II was even more unstable.

I could go on with many other stories, but I'll get off my soapbox. I just cringe every time I think of anyone relying on Consumer Reports for anything.

Bird

/ Confession #7  
Whoa take it easy on the laugh icon, we might have to make it blue in the face if you use it so much! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

msig.gif

/ Confession #8  
We should all rush out and buy Kubota lawn tractors. I don't trust CR. Their point systems are meaningless in that they give the same number of points for minor issues as they do to major issues, and the one factor they pay little attention to is reliability. They would mark down a lawn tractor because it requires you to grease the blade spindle bearings, while the cheapos are "maintenance free". Which do you think will last the longest?

By the way, I subscribe to it, read the reviews and the tests and try to make my own evaluations.

/ Confession #9  
I'm with Bird and Alan on CR. Though I still do subscribe, I take everything with a pound of salt. I'll spare my stories 'cause they don't have anything to do with tractors. But, I'd be willing to bet the tractor I don't have that if they did a report on the orange B series, the blue boomers, and the green 4x00s that Blue would win hands down--simply because of the seat.

Ingo

/ Confession #10  
Ingo, I'll have to admit I like the seat on my cousin's blue tractor better than my orange one, but I figure with Consumer Reports, green would win hands down just because of the name./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird