Dealer CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\B DEALER?

/ CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\B DEALER? #1  

nathanelmo

CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\\B DEALER?

Would love to buy a C\B, am impressed w\the machines and even more impressed w\price. Korean machines (cars, construction equip., electronics, etc.) have come a long way since I bought my first Hyundai. Am wondering about the dealers though. The car dealerships are multi-brand retailers that took on Hyundai or kia; even Dawoo dealers are standing by their cars to protect their dealership reputation. The large construction equip. is sold by large multi-brand dealers w\full repair facilities. But from what I've seen in my area C\B & Kioti (the not so big 2) are represented by companies that are not in the Excavation equipment\Ag\Grounds maintainance business. They seem to be selling compact tractors as a side business because they are a hot commodity now. They also keep a small stock of chinese, or italian, or ?, 3PH impliments on hand to give the appearance. This is why I might as well shop long distance on price only and to hell w\dealer support; he might not be their next week. I'd like some reader feedback on these dealers and some recommendations on price competitive dealers in my area (200 mile radius). I live in central CT.

/ CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\B DEALER? #2  
Re: CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\\B DEALER?

I live just off I 84 next to the Ma state line. I bought a Mahindra from New England tractor in Bethaby. There is a Century delar near me called Foskett's. Both are great dealers in respect to their different brands.

/ CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\B DEALER? #3  

My Century dealer sells trailers mostly. He's been the main guy for trailers in this area for years. Everyone knows him and he has a very strong reputation.

I was looking at Kubota for the very reason you mention. Will he still be selling tractors in ten years and will I be able to get parts.

With Cummins as a partner and supplier to the engines I felt better, but the main thing for my personal piece of mind was meeting his mechanic.

He's a local guy independent of the dealer who repairs farm equipment at the farm. Totally moble and self contained. During my warantee he will come to my property and take care of the problem.

If Century and my dealer part ways and nobody else takes up the dealership, I feel confident the mechanic will still be able to service my needs.

Support is everything.

/ CONFIDENCE IN MY LOCAL C\B DEALER? #4  

Look no further than Foskett's. Harold is the owner and is one terrific guy to deal with. I bought my 3045 there and couldn't be happier.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Pacesetter