confused

/ confused #11  
Re:From confused to must choose between two

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( any comments? )</font>

Well, I'd definitely go with the Kubota because I'd spend several dollars more for the HSD if necessary (and I just don't know much about the Massey, although I'd bet it's a good tractor), but that's my personal preference. You should buy the one you like best.

/ confused #12  
I have a JD 4200 with a hydrostatic transmission and I really like it. To be fair, though, I really have nothing with which to compare it. The only thing I might recommend if you haven't already done it would be to drive and use each tractor with the different transmissions and see which is more comfortable for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ confused #13  

Yikes... normally you get more MF per dollar than most other new tractors.. though you are getting good solid.. 40 year old technology too... Usually less bells / whistles, but decent tractor.

If you can get a kubota for near the price of a massey, that must be a good area to buy.... our Kubota dealers down here are second to JD, with NH in 3rd, and MF right behind.

Soundguy

/ confused #14  

As far as I know Kubota is one of the few companies that sells a tractor they actually make.

The MF machine is made by Mitsubishi or Iseki or somebody like that. The Deere's are made by Yanmar, and the NH are made by soemone else as well, I don't remember who the dealer said made them. The Cub Cadet is an Iseki machine.

Kioti as far as I know makes the machines they sell. In the old days parts were interchangable between them and Kubota as they were liscensed to make the products overseas. I'm not sure if that still the same, but the machines look very different from Kubotas now.

It doesn't make them all bad machines, I just like dealing with the company who directly makes the products.

I looked at the Deere's and they were pretty slick machines. I ended up buying the Kubota 2910 HST.

Regards,
Chris

/ confused #15  

Chris,
Check your priate messages area.
Did you buy your Kubota from the dealer way down on Rte 32?