Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one?

/ Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one? #1  

txhillcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Zetor 6441
Hi all, just picked up a hydraulic auger that will be bucket-mounted on our front end loader. We'll be running it from the set of remotes we have on the back of the tractor. My question is: Each remote "set" has three connections, labeled 0, 1 and 2.
rear remotes.JPG

The owner's manual says:
"Basic type of hydraulic outer circuit outlets is equipped with three quick-couplers located at the panel. According to the position of the corresponding control lever, pressure oil is distributed into the quick-couplers "1" and "2". The third quick-coupler "0" is connected directly with differential case space and is intended for turning of oil from hydraulic implements (for example from rotary hydraulic motors etc.)."

Am I attaching it to 1 and 2 for forward and reverse on the auger?
I assumed so, figuring it was like connecting a "double-acting cylinder".
remote control.JPG

Thanks in advance!
TX

Last edited:
   / Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one? #2  
It really makes no difference on most hyd systems as long as you attching it to the # 1 & # 2 quick disconnects of the same control valve. It just affects which way the control lever needs to be moved for correct auger direction of rotation.

/ Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one?
It really makes no difference on most hyd systems as long as you attching it to the # 1 & # 2 quick disconnects of the same control valve. It just affects which way the control lever needs to be moved for correct auger direction of rotation.

Many thanks! That's how my disc plow hooks up (raise and lower the wheeled axle to raise and lower the disc), but that one little item in there about using the 0 outlet for "rotary hydraulic motors" threw me. But I figured it had to be 1 and 2, or how else could you turn the auger in forward and reverse.

Thanks again!

Pics to come when we get it mounted and hooked up this weekend.

TX

/ Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one? #4  
Although the instructions say to connect a DA cyl to 1 and 2, the hyd motor on the auger is not turning that fast, and should not pose a problem with a cyl spool.

The GPM's of our tractor will determine the speed of the auger. If you need slow auger rpm, just reduce the engine rpm.

You might have to use the other QD "0" for something like a fast turning bush hog which has lots of centrifugal force, and needs to free wheel.

One of the spools on your remotes might be a motor spool.

Thanks J.J. !

That answers my suspicion, which was the 0 connection was the return line for a 'high speed" implement like a bush hog, etc (which only needs to spin fast in one direction). The 14GPM on my Zetor 6441 will run the auger (a Belltec H-200) at roughly 60 RPM (at nominal engine RPMs), so...relatively slow.

Although the instructions say to connect a DA cyl to 1 and 2, the hyd motor on the auger is not turning that fast, and should not pose a problem with a cyl spool.

The GPM's of our tractor will determine the speed of the auger. If you need slow auger rpm, just reduce the engine rpm.

You might have to use the other QD "0" for something like a fast turning bush hog which has lots of centrifugal force, and needs to free wheel.

One of the spools on your remotes might be a motor spool.

/ Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one? #6  
"O" is meant for items that are not designed to operate in the reverse direction or for a function that requires little or no back pressure in the tank line.

Yes you can run a bush hog on these but it will allow the motors to cavitate during run down. This would probably be the less of two evils Vs instant stop when valve is shifted.

/ Connecting hydraulic auger to rear remote connections...which one? #7  
Does your SCV have a float position?
My owners manual says for hydraulic motor operation put the valve lever in "float". Connect the hoses. Move the valve lever from "float" to "lower" to operate the motor. (Reverse hoses if direction is incorrect) To stop the motor move lever back into "float". Do not put the valve lever into "neutral" to stop the motor "this may result in back pressure damaging the motor"

Does your SCV have a float position?
My owners manual says for hydraulic motor operation put the valve lever in "float". Connect the hoses. Move the valve lever from "float" to "lower" to operate the motor. (Reverse hoses if direction is incorrect) To stop the motor move lever back into "float". Do not put the valve lever into "neutral" to stop the motor "this may result in back pressure damaging the motor"

The control lever for this set of remotes has three setting, basically one direction, the other direction, and neutral.
(You can see it in that second picture diagram I posted in the start of this thread).

As JJ noted, I think for "high speed" motors like bush hogs, you'd want to use a configuration like you describe above. But for the low-speed rotation of something like the auger, the neutral is fine.

Thanks again JJ, worked like a charm! :)

20130406_152659.jpg

PS.... I figured I had a 50/50 chance of hooking it up right the first time, in terms of which direction the auger would turn when I pushed the lever forwards or backwards, and got it right. :)

Last edited: