Conoco vs Rotella Oil

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #61  
New to this forum and enjoying all the engaging conversation and input!!. I have been spending a great deal of time determining what oil to run in my 09' John Deere X534 with FH721V, that I just purchased. I am pretty meticulous with maintenance since oil and filters is cheaper than an engine is my theory. What I wanted to share was some startling information on oil filters more than oil itself. I stick with Mobil for everything and have my reasons. What was startling was Oil filter effieciency with the different filters for this engine once I dug in.

Kawasaki 49065-7010 = 25 micron
Stens = 28 micron
Oregon = 28 micron
Many others also 25-30 micron
AC Delco PF1233 = 20 micron (what I ended up going with)

Where I am going with this is the amount of time I spent researching oil, I overlooked the filtration efficiency until a fellow engineer brought it up. the AC Delco filter was also 1/2 the price of OEM or many others. I just wanted to share this.

Also after reviewing the latest "Recommended Oil Table" from Kawasaki: Adding 20w-50 to the list. I went with 20w-50 & an oil that meets the manufacturer specs for oil, which is way more important than the "brand!" i.e. API Service Rating and specs on the back of the bottle. Thank you all for your input as well, enjoyed getting the info provided!!!

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #62  
The HDEOs (Delvac, Rotella, DELO) with current API ratings are excellent oils that will insure engine protection for many engine hours if changed at recommended intervals. My old Perkins powered M-F does very well on Delvac. So does the CAT powered motorhome. Remember, the filter is just as important as the oil. No Frams for me.

Well said, there is more emphasis on oil brand in many of these forums than Filter selection. using the right combination is definitely critical!!

"A filter letting dirty oil past it or larger particles past means squat even with the best Synthetic!!!" Dirt does the damage, not oil!!!