Conoco vs Rotella Oil

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #51  
Rotella had some good advertising and IMO this is why so many use it today. I don't see it being any better or worst then any other oil which meets the same API standards. I use what ever is cheapest in all my equipment which include, Rotella, Delo, Delvac, Valvoline, NAPA, Kendall and some others, so long as they meet the API spec as required by the manufacture. I'll also say that I have not heard of one engine failure from any oil in modern times. All failures usually come from lack of maintenance or something breaking

Well said.
I have found that changing one's thoughts on oil changes and the like are akin to changing someones religion.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #53  
The HDEOs (Delvac, Rotella, DELO) with current API ratings are excellent oils that will insure engine protection for many engine hours if changed at recommended intervals. My old Perkins powered M-F does very well on Delvac. So does the CAT powered motorhome. Remember, the filter is just as important as the oil. No Frams for me.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #54  
I like what Alldodge said. Most problems come from lack of maintenance and rough wear and rear, not from changing fluids and filters when required.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #55  
Better education here

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #56  
IMO the vid has some good info and also slanted info and a sales pitch

Noticed he said synthetics are in group 4, yet Redline is in group 5 and no mention that there where others
If a fuel system has carbon build up it needs a fuel system cleaning, and don't see any additive doing the job. Injectors openings are so small that just sending something thru to clean out the lines and such is going to clog them up. Gas is all made the same, different manufactures add additives so they can say "with techrolene" and such

But just my opinion

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #57  
IMO the vid has some good info and also slanted info and a sales pitch

Noticed he said synthetics are in group 4, yet Redline is in group 5 and no mention that there where others
If a fuel system has carbon build up it needs a fuel system cleaning, and don't see any additive doing the job. Injectors openings are so small that just sending something thru to clean out the lines and such is going to clog them up. Gas is all made the same, different manufactures add additives so they can say "with techrolene" and such

But just my opinion

Yeah a bit slanted. "Fuel treatments are only good if they are detergent based. Solvent based cleaners do nothing". Guess what redline uses in theirs? Detergent. Shocking.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #58  
If you want solid, real world information on which oil is best for your application, go here...

Bob Is The Oil Guy | The Internet's Number One Motor Oil Site

Then, do some UOAs to see how well your engine tolerates the oil you are using.

As for fuel system cleaners, what detergents are the best?

Solvent based cleaners do have their place. What fuel systems are we talking about?

Fuel system treatments with PEA are known to remove fuel system deposits.

Also, some solvents are effective at keeping seals working.

More information is needed to make a good choice regarding anything you use in your engine crankcase or fuel tank.

Remember, filters are another critical element in helping to improve engine performance and service life.

Do your homework before you dump anything into your engine or fuel tank or screw a filter onto the engine.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #59  
Just for information, while I have used the Rotella T6 5w-40 in my tractors for several years when I bought my
RAM EcoDiesel in "15" it required a Euro spec'ed oil of 5w-30 turned out to be hard to find.
A couple of years later RAM FCA changed there oil requirement for that engine and lo an behold
now the T6 5w-40 is one of the few oils to met the new spec's.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #60  
Here is a real world example of what frequent oil changes results in a clean engine.
Is the Higher Cost of Amsoil Red Line and Royal Purple Worth it Over Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1? - YouTube

And I've been an amsoil fan for decades, but use T6 in the Kioti.

Years ago I talked to a man that worked at a company that put oil in CANS (dating myself), and I asked him what they did when they changed brands of oil. His reply, " we just change the cans". Same oil just in different containers.