considering a 5083e

/ considering a 5083e #31  
I'm anxiously waiting and licking my chops to order a 5065e with power reverser. Love to have a cab but this one will be used in and around woods so I'd tear it up in no time.

Nah... I put a 2x4 handrail on a wooden pallet and set in on my front loader. Put my 19 yr old in the middle of that with a chainsaw. Drove along the tree line edge and had him lop off every limb and branch in reach of the tractor's loader.

Nice and clean, now. Nary a stray limb gets too close to the cab. :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ considering a 5083e #32  
We used to limb all our fields with a pallet-lift like that. I guess I'm showing my age it is time to do it again.

12' disk is really just not well matched to a 5 series. We run smaller stuff on our 6 series. Our offset disk is only 8' and our plow is (3) 16's.

For a small property owner I guess a 6 series - especially the new ones - are way out of reach. Plenty of good smaller equipment matched to a 5 series.

Nah... I put a 2x4 handrail on a wooden pallet and set in on my front loader. Put my 19 yr old in the middle of that with a chainsaw. Drove along the tree line edge and had him lop off every limb and branch in reach of the tractor's loader.

Nice and clean, now. Nary a stray limb gets too close to the cab. :thumbsup:

AKfish