considering BH for my L2800

/ considering BH for my L2800 #1  

bama85

Tractor
L2800, M7040, ZD21
Could anyone who has a BH for an L2800 tell me if it's worth the purchase. I have several uses for one but I keep my finish mower hooked up for most of the year. I'm seriously considering the purchase and just wanted to get some insight.
Thanks

/ considering BH for my L2800 #2  
I have a BH75 for my L3400 and love it. I also switch between the BH75, two mowers, box blade, disk, and a seeder on a regular basis and it only takes a few minutes to get the 3 point hitch arms off and the BH on the tractor and vice versa. I have used mine to pull stumps, dig trenches, prepare an area for a retaining wall, and several other small jobs. I was afraid I would run out of uses for it after awhile but my list of jobs for it keeps getting longer.

/ considering BH for my L2800 #3  
bama85 said:
Could anyone who has a BH for an L2800 tell me if it's worth the purchase. I have several uses for one but I keep my finish mower hooked up for most of the year. I'm seriously considering the purchase and just wanted to get some insight.
Thanks

If you do decide to add a backhoe get one that uses a subframe bracket to mount and stifffen up the tractor.

If you end up with a 3PH mounted BH and no subframe kit exists for your tractor/BH combo, search around in the Chinese tractor section or general usage areas for a user called "3RRL" and ask him as he built a subframe support to strengthen his machine in a similar situation.

There have been cases of broken transmission cases at the mount for the top strut of the 3PH and the repair is expensive. One poor guy had his trannie break with less than 10 total hours on his new machine solely because of a 3PH mounted backhoe. It's not an insurmountable problem but you ought to know about all this going in.

If the Kubota BH75 can be put on your tractor I can vouch for it's usefulness and apparent strength. I've got that one on my B7800 but can't say that it's bulletproof as I haven't used it enough so far to make such judgements.

/ considering BH for my L2800 #4  
hill said:
If you do decide to add a backhoe get one that uses a subframe bracket to mount and stifffen up the tractor.

If the Kubota BH75 can be put on your tractor I can vouch for it's usefulness and apparent strength. I've got that one on my B7800...

Excellent thread as I'm possibly in the market for one as well for my 2800.

RE: Quote above
Does the BH75 use a subframe bracket?

Michael

/ considering BH for my L2800 #5  
The BH75 does use a subframe. It literally only takes a couple of minutes to take it on and off. To install it you back into it, hook up one hydraulic line, use the BH's controls to position it on the subframe, slide two pins thru the BH and into the subframe and your done.

/ considering BH for my L2800 #6  
That is good to know!

What price range should I expect to see if I start shopping around for one?

/ considering BH for my L2800 #7  
I bought mine brand new with the tractor along with the FEL, two mowers, and a boxblade so I got a discount. I think originally they had the BH at $6,400. But if I recall, I think the final price for the BH was around $6,000.

/ considering BH for my L2800 #8  
hill said:

If you end up with a 3PH mounted BH and no subframe kit exists for your tractor/BH combo, search around in the Chinese tractor section or general usage areas for a user called "3RRL" and ask him as he built a subframe support to strengthen his machine in a similar situation.

There have been cases of broken transmission cases at the mount for the top strut of the 3PH and the repair is expensive. One poor guy had his trannie break with less than 10 total hours on his new machine solely because of a 3PH mounted backhoe. It's not an insurmountable problem but you ought to know about all this going in.

If the Kubota BH75 can be put on your tractor I can vouch for it's usefulness and apparent strength. I've got that one on my B7800 but can't say that it's bulletproof as I haven't used it enough so far to make such judgements.

Would you please direct me to a thread that shows these broken cases in a photo. I've never seen one. The thread you mention with the break at less than 10 hours was for a tractor that was improperly dealer prepped without the heavy duty top link bracket. Other than that, I've seen a lot of speculation and assertion of broken cases, but no one has ever posted proof that I've seen. If it happened and I missed it, I will stand corrected.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that a subframe is not better, just haven't seen real proof of what I suspect is TBN Urban Legend.

/ considering BH for my L2800 #9  
Search on here for "BH75" and Woods "BH80-X", there have been many posts about these two... you can read all about the pros and cons of each. Personally I think the Woods has more to offer (but I'll admit I'm slightly biased).

/ considering BH for my L2800 #10  
GSP9 said:
I bought mine brand new with the tractor along with the FEL, two mowers, and a boxblade so I got a discount. I think originally they had the BH at $6,400. But if I recall, I think the final price for the BH was around $6,000.

Thanks GSP9!!