Buying Advice Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #1  

felixedo

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D / Deere 1026R / Bobcat CT2040
I have looked around and seen virtually no posts on the 2019/2020 Line of Bobcat compact tractors. I have a decent local dealer, and pricing (compared to Deere, Kubota, & New Holland) is very good. I would like to stay with New Holland, but their dealer situation in my area is weak. Has anyone experienced any big negatives with the Bobcat line?

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #2  
I just purchased a CT1021 back in may. The only issue I致e had is that Bobcat hasn稚 been able to get a mower deck for me. Their other attachments however have been available.

The tractor itself is great, and for the money it痴 really hard to beat. I like it much better than the Kubota I had, it痴 just more substantial and ergonomic. Im a big guy and the little BX I had just didn稚 fit me. Other than the hiccup on the mower deck, which I知 sure we can blame Covid and the associated reduced productivity on, their customer service has been top notch.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series
That's what I'm finding, Sportfury70. I have a pretty full complement of attachements already, so not looking to Bobcat for that. I just need a few more HP than I am getting from my NH TC35D.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #4  
fwiw, I've only got about 10 hours on my CT2025 but I love it....btw, more than K's B2650 I had been considering. I haven't begun to test its limits, and I don't expect I ever will fully, but it seems like it has better traction. And it may be my imagination after reading the specs, but the hydraulics seem to move faster, and powerfully; e.g. I was trying to pick up a 500 lb. concrete planter (filled) with pallet forks, and I accidentally(!) lifted the (partially buried) horizontal telephone poll bordering the flower bed....

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series
fwiw, I've only got about 10 hours on my CT2025 but I love it....btw, more than K's B2650 I had been considering. I haven't begun to test its limits, and I don't expect I ever will fully, but it seems like it has better traction. And it may be my imagination after reading the specs, but the hydraulics seem to move faster, and powerfully; e.g. I was trying to pick up a 500 lb. concrete planter (filled) with pallet forks, and I accidentally(!) lifted the (partially buried) horizontal telephone poll bordering the flower bed....

Curious, what were you comparing it to? You said considering B2650, but didn't buy or own?

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #6  
It was a one-week loaner. The B2650 had a mid-PTO but that's nothing I anticipate needing....

Last edited:
   / Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #7  
I have looked around and seen virtually no posts on the 2019/2020 Line of Bobcat compact tractors. I have a decent local dealer, and pricing (compared to Deere, Kubota, & New Holland) is very good. I would like to stay with New Holland, but their dealer situation in my area is weak. Has anyone experienced any big negatives with the Bobcat line?

My 10 year old CT 235 has been doing fine and I am cutting and baling hay with it using standard size equipment. I did have an injector rail issue last year but that got sorted out and she is stronger that ever. The model you looking at has enough power to do a lot of things. I do suggest when you negotiate to gert2 set of remotes out back, and possible a third function for the front.
They are good solid tractors. Also have the rear tires filled from the start. I run the GP ones and love them.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #8  
I only have 500 hours on my 2009 CT235, but have had very little trouble with it either.

2 problems, both easily repaired by myself.

A battery cable that rotted out very prematurely that I replaced and coated with a waxy substance James (Koua) suggested I never can recall the name, but it works miracles.

And a hydraulic tube that runs up to the cooler, had a vibration stress crack.

My tractor does not have a lot of hours, but most of the hours are loader work digging or moving soil and or rock

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #9  
Boy, I don't know if this is customary when dealing with other manufacturers, but I called Bobcat customer service the other day for clarification between what the dealer TOLD me the warranty on my new CT2025 compact tractor was and what it said IN WRITING in the owners manual (received on delivery). And I was told, repeatedly, by the CSR that all warranty inquiries must go through the dealer, that I could not be transferred to the warranty dept. and that there was no direct dial. At the time, it was not worth arguing with the rep (who, honestly, did not sound very conversant in English), and I resolved to call the dealer again next week before working up the corporate ladder. Of course, good or bad, I'm going to get an answer, but this should have been easy, and I'm hoping it's not--as they say, the start of something big....:confused:

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #10  
I've got a CT2025 with 26hours on it. I've really liked it. I have a 5' Brush hog and a 5' tiller i use for food plots. Have tilled several acres as well as cut over 20 acres with the brush mower. Haven't had a single issue and like knowing I can turn up the HP if i ever need it. Also enjoy knowing I don't have all the emissions BS on it!