Buying Advice Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #11  
I have looked around and seen virtually no posts on the 2019/2020 Line of Bobcat compact tractors. I have a decent local dealer, and pricing (compared to Deere, Kubota, & New Holland) is very good. I would like to stay with New Holland, but their dealer situation in my area is weak. Has anyone experienced any big negatives with the Bobcat line?

I have a new CT2040 and can say no big negatives for me. One thing I’m not in love with is how jerky / sensitive the hydraulics are on the FEL. It’s taken some time to get used to. I had the third function valve installed for my grapple and it seems to be similar. The 3-point is also jerky going up. Super smooth going down, though.

My chipper just came in, so planning to really test out the rear PTO next. Will report in it as I get it going.

Another thing: the pedal set up isn’t as intuitive as I thought. The forward and reverse pedals are on the same side as the brake. I thought it would be more like a car and thus easier to use - which it’s not really hard - just a bit confusing when you’re doing a lot of moving back and forth doing front end stuff.

Do you have any specific questions? I’ll try to help answer them based on my experience with the machine.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #12  
I have a new CT2040 and can say no big negatives for me. One thing I’m not in love with is how jerky / sensitive the hydraulics are on the FEL. It’s taken some time to get used to. I had the third function valve installed for my grapple and it seems to be similar. The 3-point is also jerky going up. Super smooth going down, though.

My chipper just came in, so planning to really test out the rear PTO next. Will report in it as I get it going.

Another thing: the pedal set up isn’t as intuitive as I thought. The forward and reverse pedals are on the same side as the brake. I thought it would be more like a car and thus easier to use - which it’s not really hard - just a bit confusing when you’re doing a lot of moving back and forth doing front end stuff.

Do you have any specific questions? I’ll try to help answer them based on my experience with the machine.

I’m in the process of looking at the CT2035 or CT2040. Would you mind sharing pricing you paid? Also any options you got and are happy with or options you wished you got?

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #13  
I’m in the process of looking at the CT2035 or CT2040. Would you mind sharing pricing you paid? Also any options you got and are happy with or options you wished you got?

I paid just under $27k for the CT2040, front end loader / bucket, grapple and third function valve, forks, ballast box, loaded tires (they used windshield washer fluid), and the quick hitch.

I think the tractor alone would have been $19,600.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #14  
Is the grapple and third function an OEM option from bobcat or is that an aftermarket? Does the third function go on the loader joystick or just another aux hydro?

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #15  
Is the grapple and third function an OEM option from bobcat or is that an aftermarket? Does the third function go on the loader joystick or just another aux hydro?

Bobcat didn’t offer one. I bought it from W.R. Long (wrlonginc.com) and had the dealer install it. I went with the RBG2.

They replace the joystick control top with another one. The new one has a thumb switch that is positioned vertically (up = open, down = close).

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #16  
Bobcat is just now shipping 3rd function kits. They are live hydraulic not a diverter. Switch on the joystick.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #17  
Do they retrofit to the older iteration?

/ Considering Bobcat CT2040 CT20 series #18  
Bobcat is just now shipping 3rd function kits. They are live hydraulic not a diverter. Switch on the joystick.

Do you know how this is setup (trigger on loader handle or something else)? Also any info a part number and cost on this, dealer I have been talking with knows nothing about it.