Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Considering new front mount snowblower for next season.

/ Considering new front mount snowblower for next season. #1  

badels

Tractor
JD 3520 w/Cab
Greetings Tractor friends. I am considering a new blower set up for my 2013 JD 3520w/cab. Love the tractor. I am currently running a factory John Deere 59" front blower. I'll be honest, I bought it used and it is a bit tired. It's performance is lacking. Seriously only throws snow about 15 feet. It's impeller is beat up and worn out. Option one is rebuild current blower over the summer with new parts and still have a light duty blower. Option 2, I have been looking at a Shoule S374-26 blower. A bit pricey at around 6k but it is a very heavy duty unit. That price includes a whole new sub frame as well, which I'm not sure will work with my loader on. This is one of the questions I am hoping y'all can help me out with? Third option is you guys tell me what else is out there? I feel like I'm on an island sometimes here in Wyoming looking for something different or out of the norm.

I guess I should tell you all what I the rest of my set up is and my main purpose is for it. I live out side of town. I maintain about a half mile if driveway. All gravel. In conjunction with my current blower I use a 72" rear hydraulic controlled blade. The blade does most of my work. And does a good job. The blower is for the bigger dumps we get. Just had 2 back to back 10-12 inch storms. The problem for me arises when the wind blows and it always does. Like today we have 40-50 mph winds drifting up the snow. 3 foot drifts 100 foot long are not uncommon. I've cleared 6 footers before but that is an all day affair. I am not after a rear mount blower I need my blade too much and a hydraulic powered unit isn't the ticket either. So tell me what is out there for front mount blowers that will work with my current mount or has a mount that will work with loader on. thanks

/ Considering new front mount snowblower for next season. #2  
just a thought, since you already have the front hitch, what if you switch direction? You say you use
the rear blade most of the time, and you only use the blower for the larger storms, what about using the front blade
on your existing front hitch,,, it's the 366 blade, and find a good HD blower for the rear 3ph?
that would be a much more affordable option than a new front mount, JD or aftermarket.

/ Considering new front mount snowblower for next season.
just a thought, since you already have the front hitch, what if you switch direction? You say you use
the rear blade most of the time, and you only use the blower for the larger storms, what about using the front blade
on your existing front hitch,,, it's the 366 blade, and find a good HD blower for the rear 3ph?
that would be a much more affordable option than a new front mount, JD or aftermarket.

I have the 366, don't like it much. It's quality or its function. I clear up next to shop doors and garage doors a lot. The 366 doesn't back drag very well at all. It doesn't stay true on its pivot either. I ve gone through 2 they both are the same. Not a fan of a blade on the loader either. Just seems like a good way to tweak loader arms.

/ Considering new front mount snowblower for next season. #4  
i've been wondering if someone in the aftermarket world would come up with a snow plow blade to go
on the front 3pt hitch. I don't believe that A frame coupler is all that unique, maybe it's used
more commonly overseas.

/ Considering new front mount snowblower for next season. #5  
Greetings Tractor friends. I am considering a new blower set up for my 2013 JD 3520w/cab. Love the tractor. I am currently running a factory John Deere 59" front blower. I'll be honest, I bought it used and it is a bit tired. It's performance is lacking. Seriously only throws snow about 15 feet. It's impeller is beat up and worn out. Option one is rebuild current blower over the summer with new parts and still have a light duty blower. Option 2, I have been looking at a Shoule S374-26 blower. A bit pricey at around 6k but it is a very heavy duty unit. That price includes a whole new sub frame as well, which I'm not sure will work with my loader on. This is one of the questions I am hoping y'all can help me out with? Third option is you guys tell me what else is out there? I feel like I'm on an island sometimes here in Wyoming looking for something different or out of the norm.

I guess I should tell you all what I the rest of my set up is and my main purpose is for it. I live out side of town. I maintain about a half mile if driveway. All gravel. In conjunction with my current blower I use a 72" rear hydraulic controlled blade. The blade does most of my work. And does a good job. The blower is for the bigger dumps we get. Just had 2 back to back 10-12 inch storms. The problem for me arises when the wind blows and it always does. Like today we have 40-50 mph winds drifting up the snow. 3 foot drifts 100 foot long are not uncommon. I've cleared 6 footers before but that is an all day affair. I am not after a rear mount blower I need my blade too much and a hydraulic powered unit isn't the ticket either. So tell me what is out there for front mount blowers that will work with my current mount or has a mount that will work with loader on. thanks

============================================================================

You ought to look at the Reist Series 1000 Single stage blowers from Reist Industries in Elmira, Ontario.
The Reist single stage blower was $4,000.00 Canadian loonies plus the cost of the front mounting frame and shipping.

It can be mounted on the front with the front attachment kit and attached to the mid PTO and also mounted on the rear after removing the front mounting plate kit as it comes with a three point hitch as standard equipment and it only need the front mounting plate and the under frame for the tractor.

It will benefit you purchase wise as the Canadian dollar is weak right now. You contact a Reist equipment dealer in Manitoba to see if they have one in stock.

The picture I have uploaded shows the series 1000 mounted on a bobcat as it also can be switched to be powered by a high flow hydraulic system.

Attachments

• Reist series 1000 snwo thrower.jpg
    Reist series 1000 snwo thrower.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 102
   / Considering new front mount snowblower for next season. #6  

Regardless of what you decide I think I would be putting up some snow fence in that 100 foot area where it drifts that bad. Nothing like a well placed snow fence to help you out all winter. I did not get mine up this year and regretted it the very first good snow we had.

Takes about an hour to put up a 100 foot stretch of snow fence and it saves hours of snow removal all winter in a bad winter.