Constantly flat front tire.

/ Constantly flat front tire. #61  
I've got a lawnmower rear tire i may slime or fix-a-flat.. something to coat the insides...

It's a real bugger... it will leak down flat in 2 weaks.. or be low in 1 week. I've pulled it off and sumbmerged in water multiple times.. no bubbles! have replaced the valve stem.. and there is no rust on the rim. bead is smooth as is valve stem hole I've used the black rubber-liquid bead sealer even... tire still goes flat. at this point I'm thinking it's just real porous rubber..

soundguy

I have never failed to find a leak in a tire, using 1 part liquid soap to three parts water. In my lawn service days, I kept the plug kits handy, and also used many gal of slime. I also kept spare tire/wheels, for that slit in the tire. I did go to the solids on the front of the Dixie Choppers.

/ Constantly flat front tire. #62  
Someone on here said they used to use liquid soap to seal the insides of drag racers tires.:D

Actually I've used liquid soap on tires and it worked but not as well as the proper commercial product.:D

/ Constantly flat front tire. #63  
I have never failed to find a leak in a tire, using 1 part liquid soap to three parts water. In my lawn service days, I kept the plug kits handy, and also used many gal of slime. I also kept spare tire/wheels, for that slit in the tire. I did go to the solids on the front of the Dixie Choppers.

I tried the soapy water thing too.. This thing is literlly loosing air so slow.. it just won't bubble.. that's why i'm thinking real porous rubber.. if that's the case.. i beliee a coating on the inside will prevent it.

soundguy

/ Constantly flat front tire. #64  
Someone said something about feeling for thorns and waiting for it to stick the hand. Use a ball of cotton or flannel cloth. It will leave a piece on the thorn tip and make it easier to see.

/ Constantly flat front tire. #65  
Works ok on new casings.. but on older ones.. they can be so rough that the cotton will stick all around... hard to make a good replacement for running the hand around the inside.. deffinately worth the price of a tube and dismount...

soundguy

/ Constantly flat front tire. #66  
I use a gloved hand and a rag. If something catches the rag, then I explore further. I have ripped my hand open before. Don't feel good at all.

/ Constantly flat front tire. #67  
Yep. that is the downside.

It's true when they say that this old iron gets into your blood! ( and the other way around too! )

soundguy