Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #1  

GE7EA

Tractor
Kioti 3510SE 2019
I am relatively new to owning a tractor. This October will be a year and my hours at my 9-5 have been cut. I'm looking at the option of being able to do some work on the side by utilizing the investment I have made with my tractor. I have a Kioti 3510 SE with FEL, forks, tiller, BB, and bush hog. The tractor weighs in at 4k lbs, the bush hog is just under 1k lbs. I'm not sure about the till but I'd guess maybe 500 - 600 lbs and the bucket and forks aren't substantial. The tractor sales person told me that you don't want to be right at the top of the weight limit which makes me feel like a 7k trailer may not be a wise investment for the long run. I thought about a 10k lb trailer. Then I wonder about the tire size between 15 & 16" tires. Any advice would sure help.

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #2  
Don't get 15" tires, go for the 16" ones. That will give you a lot more options when it comes to rubber. With 16" tires, you would also be able to go with 17.5" tires if you needed the extra weight capability. The circumference of the 16" rubber and 17.5" rubber is close and should be able to interchange them without changing the suspension. Not the case with 15" tires.

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #3  
A 7K trailer will weigh about 2k empty so you have 5K for payload. I agree that running at the top end of the weight rating on a regular basis is not a good idea. In your case, I'd go with a heavier duty trailer. I have a 7K trailer and have begun looking for something that will carry more since 5K payload turns out to not be very much. It's a little less than 2 yards of dirt. And be sure to get it long enough so you can move the tractor back or forward so it balances properly and the tongue weight is proper.

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #4  
A 7k is too light. I think you’ll find there’s hardly any empty weight difference between 10k trailers and 14k trailers so I would ( and did ) buy a 14k over a 10

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #5  
A 7k is too light. I think you値l find there痴 hardly any empty weight difference between 10k trailers and 14k trailers so I would ( and did ) buy a 14k over a 10

Yup.....I bought a 14K x 20" trailer, and am very happy that I did,.... though I don't load it over 12K GVW

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #6  
Yup.....I bought a 14K x 20" trailer, and am very happy that I did,.... though I don't load it over 12K GVW

I wasn’t to concerned with hauling my M59 since I still have a 10 ton but the 14k will haul my M59 and the 10k trailer wouldn’t. I didn’t see any reason to save a few hundred pounds off the trailer for that trade off. The main reason I needed it was for hauling buildings materials and they usually aren’t heavy or I have them delivered but again there wasn’t any point in buying a lot less trailer to save a few hundred pounds. My 10 ton trailer weighs 5500 pounds and the 14k is in the 3,000 range so that’s a big difference.

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor
Thank you all for the input. I feel pretty confident about going with a 20' 14k trailer with 16" tires. I borrowed an 18' trailer last night to see if and how I could make it work. I would love to be able to transfer all my implements but I'm not sure I could make that work, even with a 22' trailer. I still have the area in my bed available but I'll just have to see if it's possible. I've attached a picture. Tractor on 18ft trailer.png

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #8  
Thank you all for the input. I feel pretty confident about going with a 20' 14k trailer with 16" tires. I borrowed an 18' trailer last night to see if and how I could make it work. I would love to be able to transfer all my implements but I'm not sure I could make that work, even with a 22' trailer. I still have the area in my bed available but I'll just have to see if it's possible. I've attached a picture.View attachment 666017

Looks good. I understand about wanting to have all the implements on the trailer, but I am not sure it will be worth the extra cost/hassle. Most of your customers will be contracting for a specific job--bush hogging or leveling and tilling an area for a garden, so you most likely will not need access to everything at a given site.

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #9  
Do you have relatives? If so, they will all want to borrow your tractor, just as soon as you get the trailer. I don't know how many problems I have avoided by the "sorry, don't have a trailer" routine. :)

/ Contemplating buying a trailer to transport my tractor #10  
Do you have relatives? If so, they will all want to borrow your tractor, just as soon as you get the trailer. I don't know how many problems I have avoided by the "sorry, don't have a trailer" routine. :)

I’ve played off my pintle hook trailer as being too heavy for a pickup which it is. I’m thinking about putting one of there pintle hook rings on my 14k trailer. IMG_9004.JPG