Contemplating Massey 1235

/ Contemplating Massey 1235 #11  
Hello WHENLEY,
I have owned a MF 1235 for 3 years and it now has 240 hrs. My 1235 has the 1244 FEL. It seams to be sized right for this tractor, it will not lift the back tires off the ground, preventing overloading. It also has the 1231 72" MMM, and I think it is a great mowing machine. It also has the 1216 backhoe with sub-frame. My 1235 is 4WD with turf tires. I have been able to hang it up in mud twice, both times MMM was down in mud. Over all, I've been pleased with my 1235. I think my dealer is more experienced servicing and repairing the larger tractors and sometimes things can get overlooked on the newer less familiar compacts. I wish the power steering was stronger, and sometimes the engine side covers rattle at lower RPM's. The tractor in your picture looks abused. I think my 1235 and FEL new was about 17K. My 1235 also is HST. I hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!

/ Contemplating Massey 1235 #12  
BER,
Have you dealer turn up your power steering pressure just a little bit. It won't take much to make a big difference.

/ Contemplating Massey 1235 #13  
JERRYG,
Thanks for the suggestion. I mentioned this to my dealer and he never said anything about a pressure adjustment on the power steering. He did mention a new pump for 300+$. It can be a real annoyance when using the FEL. The 1235 has a separate power steering pump mounted to the right front side of the engine block. I'll look again, but I didn't notice anything that looked like an adjustment. BER

/ Contemplating Massey 1235 #14  
Well, it may work, but it's a rat! That bent metal appears to be the engine side cover. The front tires are revesed, and they are ags, when the rears are R!s. The hydraulic lines on the FEL are not attached. Looks like cable ties holding some of the others on. I can't imagine they treated the inside any better, but you never know. What a shame to treat equipment like that!