control valve for dynahoe 140

/ control valve for dynahoe 140 #1  

Tbyrd

Can a control valve for a dynahoe 140 be welded or replaced with one from a diffrent backhoe? One man told me he could weld it and instead brazed it.That held for all of five seconds. I think that mine and the one on ebay are the only two in existance. Has anyone had any experience with this?

/ control valve for dynahoe 140 #2  
Tbyrd, welcome to Tractorbynet. I'm guessing you were trying to provide a link to something, but posted it again as a separate thread, so I deleted your duplicate post. You can "edit" your own posts, so if it doesn't work as you wanted it to, just click on the "edit" button and make whatever changes you wish.

/ control valve for dynahoe 140 #3  
What exactly needs welding on the valve? I doubt I'd take chances on the body. It would need to be disassembled to prevent damage when preheating cast(ing if not already ruined from brazing). Even then you'd be taking a chance of spool binding from warpage or cast failing next to weld. You don't have anything to lose trying it yourself, but I wouldn't spend money on it.
I would imagine any 4way open center valve with right # of spools would replace yours as long as gpm and pressure were adequate. If loader valve, it might need float function. I'm not sure what you have, but A sectional bank of valves might be easiest to configure for the hoe. Just alter the mount to fit if needed. If not up to putting all this together yourself, just take it to hyd shop and they'd be more than happy to set you up with something that'll work.

/ control valve for dynahoe 140
The outside of the valve is whats split. The main line from the pump comes in the bottom and a line comes directly out the top. It seams to be threaded straight through.The man that braized it said he kept it cool and there isn't a spool on that side. I would rather change it, but at the same time cost is an issue. What is the hyd shop, and how can I get in touch with them?

/ control valve for dynahoe 140 #5  
It can't go straight thru if it's a control valve for loader or hoe. A spool has to intercept flow and redirect. Maybe it's a flow divider for steering if there's no handles. Anyway it would need to be disassembled, hole drilled in each end of crack, preheated, welded and contol cooled in hi temp oven. All this wouldn't guarantee a proper fix and you could be throwing money away if you hire it done. I don't know about your welding skills and how your missus might feel about tractor parts in the oven, but you could try I guess.
Hydraulic shop is where ever you can find it. Do a yellowpage search on hydraulic or ask a local tractor dealer who does their work. Possibly you can find a reasonable replacement at Hyd Surplus (google it) if you know exactly what you need.