Convert from Cat 1 to Cat 0 3pt Hitch?

/ Convert from Cat 1 to Cat 0 3pt Hitch? #1  

duwem

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere Garden Tractors
Looks like the S370 Satoh tractor was a Cat 0 3pt, but when they went to a Mitsubishi S372 (very similar tractor) the 3pt was cat 1.

Would the lower arms be interchangeable to go from one to the other? What about the height of the top link pivot on the tractor as cat 1 is higher than cat 0. Looking at pictures it appears the top link attached the same place as my cat 1 does?

I have a few cat 0 attachments I would like to use.

Here are examples of the cat 0 setup.

Attachments

• n_aCAY1FJF1.jpg
    n_aCAY1FJF1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 641
  • WatermarkedImage2.jpg
    WatermarkedImage2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 351
  • n_aCANN04JU.jpg
    n_aCANN04JU.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 435
   / Convert from Cat 1 to Cat 0 3pt Hitch?
I'm familiar with those parts, I'm more concerned about the dimensions where the arms attach to the tractor and the top link attaches as to whether my cat 1 tractor will go down to cat 0 and have the right width and height for the 3 points on a cat 0

/ Convert from Cat 1 to Cat 0 3pt Hitch? #4  
The category 0 hitch has lift arms spaced at 20 inches, rather than about 27 inches apart on category I hitches. The height of the top link is 12 inches for category 0 hitches, and 18 inches for category I.

3-point hitch (Category 0)

3pt specs photo by spo307 | Photobucket

I would imagine if you are close, it will work. Most of the grey market imported machines have fabricated hitches that are "good enough" and seem to work fine. I have a Beaver III twin that came over as an grey market unit with a three point hitch made to somewhere between Cat. I and Cat. 0. It worked great on appropriately sized implements.