Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #11  
Looks great Von! Great idea!

Nice paint job.

Is that a sealed motor? If it isn't you might have some problems. Short term, of moisture freezing internal in the motor. As you use the motor it warms up and then cools down causing the moisture to freeze. The motor maybe strong enough to over come that. Long term, rusting of the magnets and poor connections on the brushes.

I'm most likely getting a blower for the 3pt this winter. I have one aux. hydraulic for chute rotation. I am planning on adding electric deflector. More of a linear motion. I'm curious to see how your motor works.

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos
Re: Converted my snowblower chute to electric! pho

Rowski,
It appears that the motor is sealed, plus I keep my tractor in a heated shop so I don't think it should freeze. But time will tell. At the price I paid I can just replace the motor every year and still be way ahead of what Kubota wants for the same thing! I thought about going the hydraulic route, but after adding up the cost for motor, lines, and quick-connects, this was way, way cheaper!

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #13  

Great work! I can't believe you actually found that motor in Kubota orange /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos

Jerry,
Yea,... I had to search the junk yard hard to find one in orange! But the real challange was finding a FORD one in that color! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #15  

Ron,

I can't quite figure this out, but the link that you provided attaches to this thread. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Here's the link to the original thread Snowblower Trade?

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #16  

Trusty Golfgar has come through again. He has proven to be most useful, even without a tractor ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #17  
Nice work Von,

Derek - if you go hydraulic, it will be cheaper to use a cylinder with a cable & some pulleys than finding a hyd motor for cheap.

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #18  

Hey Jerry,

A guy has to do what a guy has to do! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I figure I gotta do whatever I can whenever I can to stay in you all's good graces. I want to be able to still ask some honest to goodness tractor type questions once I get the beasty!

Why, just tonight at dinner I said to the wife (with the most hang dog expression on my face that I could come up with)..."Boy, I sure wish I had my tractor now!"

And do you know what she said!? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

"Yeah, I know." /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

At least it wasn't a ..."Uh, huh." /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #19  

<font color="blue">And do you know what she said!?

"Yeah, I know."

At least it wasn't a ..."Uh, huh." </font>

That's the first step! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Converted my snowblower chute to electric! photos #20  
The blower(s) I'm looking at (Pronovost) can come with either the cable and cylinder type rotation or orbital motor type rotation. I'm sure they have some sort of option for the deflector shield just how much $$.

Hope you can make it up to Jay for some skiing this year?!