Converting a ford 1700 into forklift

/ Converting a ford 1700 into forklift #61  
Well i got hose's made and hooked it all up and everything worked real good until i got the idea to speed the engine up and work the steering. Worked fine til i stroked the cylinder out and blew the side out of steering valve. I then relised i forgot to put a relief in the system.

Don't you hate it when you get "Oh Sh__" moments like that?

I've enjoyed reading of your project so far. Hopefully, you can get a replacement steering valve and a relief valve and continue the build.

Good luck!

/ Converting a ford 1700 into forklift
Well got another steering valve on ebay should be here anyday now. Still got to order relief valve and some misc. Fittings. In the mean time i been working welding some things up i just had tacked. I worked on my throttle had to change couple lil things on that. Orginal idea didnt have enough travel. I got the hand and foot throttle working. I also had to ditch my cable idea for clutch. I just built a linkage system. It also is now in working order. The brakes are also in working order now.

/ Converting a ford 1700 into forklift #63  
How are you going to do your releif valve. If you had a relief on your controls for the forks and you feed the steering after the control valve wouldn't that regulate the whole hyd system. I know origionaly that the 1700 TPH had the releif valve. Since you no longer have the TPH you will need a releif so you don't dead head the pump.
Bill

/ Converting a ford 1700 into forklift #64  
Not sure how he's got his plumbed, but on forklifts and other hydraulically ran equipment steering has priority for safety reasons and there's usually a priority flow valve for it built into the spools. If you could scrounge one from a newer dx'd lift you'd be in the money then.

I was just goin to put relief before steering valve. I have steering valve plumbed before other valve for saftey reasons. The steering and valves are from same tractor and have same working pressures so i would think they would be fine. Im planning on buying a adustable 1500-3000 psi valve.

/ Converting a ford 1700 into forklift #66  
I cannot wait to see how this forklift turns out! The way your building now is gonna make it all look factory. I've been following this thread since the beginning so it's really cool, keep up the good work!

Ill get sum pics tonite i started paint some of it

image-364881282.png

Attachments

• image-3871272660.png
    image-3871272660.png
    927.5 KB · Views: 342
  • image-1114002196.png
    image-1114002196.png
    893.4 KB · Views: 319
  • image-1403365039.png
    image-1403365039.png
    861.8 KB · Views: 333
image-2334447220.png

Well guys been busy with xmas and working on another tractor for a guy. But had some time tonight to mess around. I got the seat mounted up. I took quick route and made it simple and solid. Its non adjustable. I made it to fit me comfortable im bout 6' or tad under that. The seat is jus a little thing but i think it will work. I wasnt to concerned with suspension, dont plan riding it all day real fast.

/ Converting a ford 1700 into forklift #70  
Wow! Its really coming along. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup: