Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane)

/ Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane) #1  

Bearcat81

Tractor
New Holland TC-30; Kubota RTV900; Kubota 2080
Kit costs $200 and change from Motor Snorkle but haven't bought it yet. Thought I'd seek advice from this "Family". Any advice, suggestions, opinions, etc. anyone of you would be appreciated.

/ Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane) #2  
The conversion price sounds high to me but I don't know what's included. I suggest doing a little surfing. It's a pretty simple conversion. If you want to go back and forth between gasoline and propane I guess it could be more complicated.

/ Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane)
The conversion price sounds high to me but I don't know what's included. I suggest doing a little surfing. It's a pretty simple conversion. If you want to go back and forth between gasoline and propane I guess it could be more complicated.
Thx. I'll keep lookin'.

/ Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane) #4  
Are you looking to add propane for emergencies only, like out of gas and can't get any? Generators burn through propane quickly, so you'd need a larger than a grill tank.

/ Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane) #5  
Kit costs $200 and change from Motor Snorkle but haven't bought it yet. Thought I'd seek advice from this "Family". Any advice, suggestions, opinions, etc. anyone of you would be appreciated.
Bought a yamaha conversion generator from them quite a few years back. It has run flawlessly for 2759 hours.

Did have a warrenty issue with damage in shipment, they took care of it no questions asked. Thier customer service is excellant and I would purchase from them again.

Home - Motorsnorkel by US Carburetion

deleted link and added new link. They do not sell Yamaha generators anymore. I use there conversion kit to run on propane. Good product.

Last edited:
   / Converting Portable 6500watt Onan Gasoline generator to dual use (propane) #6  
A gas generator converted to propane will output less power. The total drop in available amperage should be in the paperwork or online somewheres.

personally, i like propane power over gas for several reasons. Propane doesnt degrade in storage, plugs stay way cleaner running on propane, safer to refuel during prolonged outage Among them.

the kit should give you hoses, fuel jets if needed, and proper sized fuel regulator.