Converting Super C to wide front

/ Converting Super C to wide front #11  
if you are using a narrow front end in the woods watch out for cradle knolls and roots etc. when backing up. you could lose your fingers. if they catch on something they'll turn 90* before you can get your hands out of the way of the spokes.

The first thing that was drilled into my skull before operating our Farmall Super M was to never put your thumb (or fingers) into the inside of the steering wheel.
Keeping the thumb and fingers on the outside of the steering wheel paid dividends just today, while harrowing plowed ground the wheel caught a furrow and spun the steering wheel wildly. That 62 year old lesson by a father to his greenhorn son saved me a trip to the hospital with a mangled hand.

No matter what tractor you drive it's a good idea to keep your thumb (and fingers) outside the spokes of the steering wheel.
Never put a spinner on the steering wheel either. those can break every bone in your hand.

/ Converting Super C to wide front #12  
A wide front end Farmall "C" should steer no harder than a Farmall "A".

/ Converting Super C to wide front #13  
The first thing that was drilled into my skull before operating our Farmall Super M was to never put your thumb (or fingers) into the inside of the steering wheel.
Keeping the thumb and fingers on the outside of the steering wheel paid dividends just today, while harrowing plowed ground the wheel caught a furrow and spun the steering wheel wildly. That 62 year old lesson by a father to his greenhorn son saved me a trip to the hospital with a mangled hand.

No matter what tractor you drive it's a good idea to keep your thumb (and fingers) outside the spokes of the steering wheel.
Never put a spinner on the steering wheel either. those can break every bone in your hand.

That was taught to me too! Same with hand starting the tractor!