Converting Tiller to reverse rotation

/ Converting Tiller to reverse rotation
Actually got her all together today.

I'll take some pics and post them if I remember.

Probably be a few days before I get a chance to try it out though. Busy the next few days.

Okay, heres some shots of her completed

17.jpg18.jpg

/ Converting Tiller to reverse rotation #23  
Nice work! I admire your "thinking outside the box".

/ Converting Tiller to reverse rotation #24  
I'm waiting to see some action shots getting that paint dirty.

okay, an action shot

0630131519.jpg

It actually did pretty well. Especially considering the ground was extremely wet since it has rained for about the last week straight:mur:

Still one minor modification to make. The topink hole on the tiller needs to be mounted higher. Looks pretty easy to do, just either relocate, or re-make the angle straps.

The TL hole is actually closer to the lower pins on the tiller than it is on the tractor. Which when in the dirt pretty good, it makes the tiller want to flip foward onto itself. We moved the TL to the lower hole on the N, and it helped, but will still end up making it higher on the tiller itself.

other than that, I have no complaints about how it performs.

/ Converting Tiller to reverse rotation #26  
Great job! It's looking good with that orange paint!

/ Converting Tiller to reverse rotation #27  
I thought most of the poor performance of those tillers was due to the poor shape of the tines.

I also was under the impression they liked to be run with the gear box nearly vertical.

/ Converting Tiller to reverse rotation #29  
Don't know if you addressed this as I didn't read all the notes. The chain tightener, did you move it to the slack side or is it on the pulling side? I would imagine the slack adjuster won't last long if it is pulled against for long. Just a thought.

Not sure about the gearbox needing vertical. Not sure why it would matter, but in order to make it vertical, the PTO angles aren't good.

Plumb straight: its a gear drive unit. So no chains or tensioner