Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,692  
496A5273-sunset2.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,695  
I looked out just now and a vulture I assume was sunning itself on a post. I had to zoom camera and taken through a screen, not clear. It was facing away then toward me, a goat walked over and it flew off. Post is about 6-7ft high.
20231215_102450.jpg
20231215_102432.jpg
20231215_103506.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,696  
I looked out just now and a vulture I assume was sunning itself on a post. I had to zoom camera and taken through a screen, not clear. It was facing away then toward me, a goat walked over and it flew off. Post is about 6-7ft high.

Probably is a vulture. I saw them doing just that at my nephew's ranch near Powderly, Texas...sit there for minutes at a time with wings spread:
IMG_5485ecrtbn12-15-23.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,699  
Probably is a vulture. I saw them doing just that at my nephew's ranch near Powderly, Texas...sit there for minutes at a time with wings spread:
Cormorants (salt water diving birds) do that here to dry their wings off after diving. Vultures don't dive, but maybe dry off the wings after a rain?

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,700  
Cormorants (salt water diving birds) do that here to dry their wings off after diving. Vultures don't dive, but maybe dry off the wings after a rain?
No salt water here, but we have two species of cormorants in Indiana. They often dry out with their wings spread. Look like vultures from a distance when doing that.