Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,831  
Sometimes, when mature and happy over time, Crocus may even multiply by self-sowing seed.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,832  
Sometimes, when mature and happy over time, Crocus may even multiply by self-sowing seed.
Thanks. I never knew about seed thinking they were like small tulip bulbs.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,834  
The only reasons I know about this are:
1. My nephew is a herpatologist.
2. My kid has a Russian tortoise that I've been taking care of for the past 8 years until they get done with grad school.

Tortellini (yes, that's his name) just came out of brumation a week or so ago and is running around his enclosure destroying everything like Godzilla! It was a peaceful couple months while he was down. :ROFLMAO:
I never knew a reptile with lungs could exist without air until now.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,836  
Saw the first Sandhill Crane here on Feb 13. Just the one flew overhead a few miles north, then back a few miles south, then west, then east, repeat, then landed in a cornfield near me, calling the whole time. Next day there were two. They may come back to the same spot every year.

Sandhill Crane Feb 13th
Mourning dove Feb 15th
Buzzards Feb 17th
Robins Feb 18th

The robins looked like a huge flock of "black birds". It wasn't until I got a closer look that I realized there were 1000s of robins. Must have been passing though because it was just the one day, now they are gone.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,837  
Tulips and primroses are in bloom here. Even my crazy early rhododendron is in bloom.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,838  
Last nights drama
20240223_175247.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,840  
This site may have been shared earlier here but if not this is nest cam in a county park north of South Bend, IN. Looks like she is sitting on eggs, a little early from previous years.