coolant

/ coolant #1  

jam2004

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I used my new BX 2230 for the first time yesterday to cut about 2 acres. It was great. I noticed the temp gauge was real low for the entire time. Afterward, I opened the hood and saw no coolant in the clear container. Also, the plastic tubing off the cap wasn't cnx to anything. Dealer has not given me a manual yet so I can't check it. Is something wrong?

Also, I'll be installing my Pat's easy changer today and may need some pointers later. Thanks in advance.

jam /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ coolant #2  
You should have coolant in the overflow. I would add some and the tube I believe goes from the rad to overflow. I am at work but the collant has to get from the rad to the overflow via a tube.

/ coolant
Thanks. I looked way down in there and it was about one inch below cool line. Figured out what the tube was for too.

/ coolant #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Dealer has not given me a manual yet so I can't check it. )</font>

do u mean they delivered a brand new tractor without an owners manual? that seems very odd.

/ coolant
Yep. The delivery guy said he looked around for it but couldn't find it. He had to order one from Kubota. I've been careful not to go too wild without it. An owner's manual would be quite helpful to me considering I've stepped up from a garden tractor to a BX.