Coral snake chased my friend on my property!

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #11  
I have run across several coral snakes here. Their senses don't seem to be the brightest. I think, like others here, that the snake happened to be moving in the same direction as you free labor. Maybe if the laborer was paid the snake would have been going in a slightly different direction.:D

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #12  
Ken
I was translating the OP story told here. Blue racers are a bit different, I understand.
I'd run too, but not leave, to see if I was really being chased. :D

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #13  
Ken
I was translating the OP story told here. Blue racers are a bit different, I understand.
I'd run too, but not leave, to see if I was really being chased. :D

Funny, Every time I stopped, it stopped. When I ran, it ran. My Aunt and myself found a roosting place on top of the fence posts. Real funny looking back LOL Ken Sweet

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #14  
I have run across several coral snakes here. Their senses don't seem to be the brightest. I think, like others here, that the snake happened to be moving in the same direction as you free labor. Maybe if the laborer was paid the snake would have been going in a slightly different direction.:D

I never feared a coral snake because their mouth is so small they can't bite like a rattler, copperhead, or moccasin. They can get you on the end of a finger or in the web between your fingers or thumb, but they can't strike and bite on the leg or arm. Leather gloves are probably sufficient protection. Their bites are rare, and besides, they can't keep up with a person running away at full speed.:D

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #15  
isnt there a saying

red then yellow kill a fellow

red then black safe as jack

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #16  
I figured I'd add a few visual identifiers. I had an outbreak of snakes last summer due to the extreme hear and severe drought here in south Texas. Never seen so many snakes in a short amount of time. The first two are coral, followed by rattlesnakes.

The fifth pic is an interesting find. The culvert pipe was located in Halletsville Texas from an airport construction project.

Of course, the last pic is the obligatory tractor pic. :)

Attachments

• image-2335798543.png
    image-2335798543.png
    156 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3545619497.png
    image-3545619497.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2873130169.png
    image-2873130169.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1110820384.png
    image-1110820384.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2077172839.png
    image-2077172839.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image-4223025191.png
    image-4223025191.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 84
   / Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #17  
Don't forget that all of these nursery rhymes only apply to North American Corals/Milk snakes.

Outside of North America the color banding can be/is different.

I know we are talking about North America here, but this is a "global" site.

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #18  
Ken:

That is pretty good. the biggest WILD snake I have ever seen was a Blue Racer when I was maybe 10 (frequently caught any & every critter going.) Dammed if I could not catch it though. Saw it 3 or 4 times in a week & kept trying to get a hold of that thing though it was too fast through the under brush. Ya there was a perfectly good reason (My sister freaked every time she saw ANY snake :D ) Sure miss picking on her she has been gone 10 yrs now :( Anyhow that snake was a good 3 feet longer than I was tall if not more. though it might have only been 1.5" around lived on the Rail Rad tracks back about 1/2 mile from my sisters place.

Mark m

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property!
I talked to Jeff again and he said that coral snake raised its head up and looked right at him and hes sure it saw him.

/ Coral snake chased my friend on my property! #20  
I talked to Jeff again and he said that coral snake raised its head up and looked right at him and hes sure it saw him.

Now that's a great inspiration for a C&W song that includes drinking, gettin' lost, and passin' out in a field.:laughing: :thumbsup: