Cordless 18V MIG

/ Cordless 18V MIG #1  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
Last edited:
   / Cordless 18V MIG #2  
I had to look up the term "femto hours" as I wondered just what the term meant. WOW! what a great deal folks will just line up for that.

femto second conversion

From the description:
Battery life is expected to be about 4-6 femto hours, depending on operating conditions.

/ Cordless 18V MIG #3  
Does anyone remember the handheld welding rigs the soldiers had on the movie Aliens 2? And it seemed to be a combination welder/plasma cutter too. No ground needed either.

/ Cordless 18V MIG #4  
I had to look up the term "femto hours" as I wondered just what the term meant. WOW! what a great deal folks will just line up for that.

femto second conversion

From the description:
Battery life is expected to be about 4-6 femto hours, depending on operating conditions.

I never got that decoded. How long is that in minutes?

/ Cordless 18V MIG #5  
I never got that decoded. How long is that in minutes?

0.000000000000240 to 0.000000000000360 minutes. Should be plenty of time to get good weld penetration.

/ Cordless 18V MIG #7  
0.000000000000240 to 0.000000000000360 minutes. Should be plenty of time to get good weld penetration.

Surly it's not that bad. I'd expected like 45 seconds.

/ Cordless 18V MIG #8  
Since it is a joke who knows which "location" they pulled their 4-6 femto hours specification out of.

Since I had not heard of or at least did not remember hearing of the femto unit I looked it up and did the math.

Definition:
A femtosecond is the SI unit of time equal to 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 of a second; that is, one quadrillionth, or one millionth of one billionth, of a second.

/ Cordless 18V MIG #9  
New 18V Rechargeable MIG Welder

I know, I know. Little early for April Fool but thought it was funny....

I was talking with guy at work today about how nice it would be if the shipyard would buy some battery mig welders for shipfitters to go around tacking stuff, then the welders can go behind welding after, he said theres no such thing as a battery mig welder, I go what theres gotta be theres battery everything else. So I get home and come to find out guess he's right, I cant freeken believe it, what the heck is wrong with welding companies, you name it and what ever it is theres a battery version of it all the way up to full size pickups, but we cant have small portable mig welder that burns .030 wire, that's crazy in todays so called high tech manufacturing world, why the heck is welding technology so far behind the 8 ball.

/ Cordless 18V MIG #10  
I've used a battery powered flux core welder (basically a spool gun that just hooks to the batteries), took two car batteries in series I believe... was in Christmas Valley Oregon cruising the dunes and the rear shackle hanger broke off, used that welder to weld it back on, welded a big wrench to the top of the frame across to it for good measure... that was two years ago, still there...

Wasn't my welder, and don't remember what it was...