Cordless Drill Purchase

/ Cordless Drill Purchase
I'll admit they're convienent, but I'm getting to the point where I really hate cordless tools. The batteries never seem to last. Recently, I gave up on my Bosch 18V cordless drill and sold it. The batteries that came with it lasted a couple years, then I started going through a battery every 6 months with light usage. Thought it was my charger so I bought a new charger. Same thing. And I didn't see a difference between NiCad or Li-ion batteries. Or cheap ones vs expensive ones.

And before that it was a cordless vac, and before that numerous versions of cordless shop/work lights. Etc. The batteries that come with these tools work good. But once they wear out (which they do soon enough) the aftermarket batteries just don't cut it. Oddly, even replacement batteries supplied by the tool's manufacturer don't last as long as the ones that came with the tool. Overall, I've spent around 150% of the tool's intial purchase value just maintaining batteries. To me, that's a high price to pay for the convienence of not having to get out the extension cord.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

I hear you. I for a while I was thinking of buying a small light 2000 watt Honda generator and use corded tools but decided that wouldn't be nearly as handy.