Core Aerators

/ Core Aerators #11  
JDTRAC said:
Thanks for all the useful feedback. Results on some follow-up on my own...

My local JD dealer indicated the most efficient implement would be the three-point hitch Frontier 1048 4 ft core aerator. It has an operating weight of 316 lbs (prior to adding any additional weight) which should work fine with my 2305. And does a great job. However, as JDFANATIC pointed out pricey at around $2000. Unless I can find a second-hand model, the JD Tow-Behind 48-in plug aerator could be an option. However, it is primarily for the X500 and X700 series garden tractor and a little small (according to my dealer) for the 2305. Although would enjoy adding the Frontier aerator to my implement collection, must also question the investment for perhaps 2x/year usage. I will also follow-up the Trac-Vac 3pt suggested by kvjohndeere.
The Trac Vac 3 pt hitch Core aerator is set up like the Frontier & is Also 48"

/ Core Aerators #12  
Husquvarna (sp) makes a 200 lb, 48" tow behind aerator that looks pretty good, and the price is perhaps $500 or so? Most dealers that sell their tractors should be able to get you info.

/ Core Aerators #13  
I have a Woods PL60 core aerator that is a very well built unit. You may give one of these units a look. They have a 48 inch wide unit also that weighs around 437 lbs. As I said mine is a 60 inch and I paid $1800 last year for it. Good luck hope you find a good deal on which ever brand you get. Here is a link to their web site.

Woods Equipment Company - 48'', 60'' & 72'' Pluggers - PL Series

/ Core Aerators #15  
agrifab at Sears is $299, sounds good and looks sturdy enough for 2x a year.