Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes.

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes.
I have a Kuhns grapple as well and had to run the hoses from the rear to the front. Didn't use any blocks with mine and have had 0 issues in three years. Did you get the tie wrap or the squeeze arm for your grabber? make sure you set some bales up to adjust your hooks so that you don't drop any bales!

No tie wrap or squeeze arm, just the small 4/5 bale model that I can grab either way flat. Thanks for the tip on adjusting the hooks. BTW - can you grab and un-grap as you position the other bales in, of do you just slide the bales on the ground to get the next and then grab the set? I do not have the bale accumulator to pe-package the bale sets.

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #12  
Well, you have to have them somewhat close to the right size grouping. You can grab and ungrab as many times as you need. The grabber works best grabbing perpendicular to the bale chamber(grabbing against the grain of the hay).

We have a 10 bale grabber with the last row turned. so its 4-4-2 or 2-4-4 and you can't really position the bales once they are under the grabber. You can driver into a rough arrangement/package/grouping and tighten them up some. Thats why i asked about the tie wrap or the squeeze arm. I was very thrilled picking up square bales using two tractors and a semi trailer. I got less enthused when I was doing it by my self with one tractor and one gooseneck. You are still handling individual bales.

One other really big tip! when you get ready to roll your hooks in, apply down pressure and the bales so that they force their way into the bales. Also, when you try and stack, you have to stack in one direction, the grouping arm (i dunno what else to call it?) gets in the way if its not on the open side of the stack. When your trying to unstack though, pull the arm off and its so much easier to pick up the bales again. Stacking is critical to getting the load to stay on the trailer, and to keeping the stacks from falling over.

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #13  
When I ran my hoses from rear remote to the front grapple I used 90 degree elbows at the rear couplers, ran the hoses across back of tractor and down the left side. Used the left side because 3pt control, hydrualic filter, HST pedal linkage, & joystick control cables are all on right side under the platform so it was mcuh easier to route the hoses and find good spots to zip tie in place. I didn't go the cost of couplers mid-way at the loader mount but did splice the hoses there with swivel fittings so I can remove loader if need be without taking hoses from under the platform. I put the front couplers at the brace plate wear the list arm makes the turn going down. Did this versus mounting the couplers on the cross tube so I would not have to crawl over the grapple to hook/unhook. Total length of hoses was 13' (2) 6' hoses & (2) 7' hoses, but don't remember if 6' was on the loader or under the tractor.
Just some ideas to think about.

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #14  
When I ran my hoses from rear remote to the front grapple I used 90 degree elbows at the rear couplers, ran the hoses across back of tractor and down the left side. Used the left side because 3pt control, hydrualic filter, HST pedal linkage, & joystick control cables are all on right side under the platform so it was mcuh easier to route the hoses and find good spots to zip tie in place. I didn't go the cost of couplers mid-way at the loader mount but did splice the hoses there with swivel fittings so I can remove loader if need be without taking hoses from under the platform. I put the front couplers at the brace plate wear the list arm makes the turn going down. Did this versus mounting the couplers on the cross tube so I would not have to crawl over the grapple to hook/unhook. Total length of hoses was 13' (2) 6' hoses & (2) 7' hoses, but don't remember if 6' was on the loader or under the tractor.
Just some ideas to think about.

What did you hook your hoses to on the loader?

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #15  
I have dual function up front, QDs for the grapple and fixed plumbing to hydraulic QA levers. Mounted a manual diverter valve at the corner of lift arm. QDs for the Here is a pic

Power bobtach 002.jpg

Thanks Folks - excellent information. SSdoxie - if you have other pictures of the route and tie points, it sure would help.

Thanks again.

PS tractor is in service getting the rear remotes installed. I started into it and got uncomfortable, so I am letting the pro do it.

One more question. Are there any brands of hydraulic fitting to stay away from. I know you pay for what you get, and would rather not have rusty fittings after a year. Is it worth going stainless steel? I have also found plated steel (cheapest) and plated brass fittings - I say brass as they seam larger and heaver and look like the threads are cut into brass on the inside, or it could just be a coating

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #18  
Stainless is not needed. Brass? I hope not, more than likely a cadmium coating of some type. That process is nasty and most of the big manufactures stay away from it now. A lot of companys will not accept it either. You see it with china stuff a lot. Gates is one of the best for corrosion resistance. CJ

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #19  
Did a front remote mod a few years ago for my plow angling and future grapple. Depending on your use unless you have it planned is a cushion valve near the front. If you ever hit something unexpected you know why. I used 3/8" to the front and plumbed a single spool valve in line off my FEL valve. Works great. The video in the below thread is not working right now for some reason. I was debating a simply setup like mine or more sophisticated with electric solenoid for the controls.

Dave

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/154201-front-qd-mod-plow-hookup.html?highlight=

Heres the video. found it!

http://vid291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/davoth/Plow Mod/PlowModVideo.mp4

/ Corect type and size hose to run to the front from rear remotes. #20  
Did a search, came up with this thread, checked out the websites, Discount Hydraulic Hose.com had the easiest site to put together what I got going on.
Putting together a Front plow blade to rear of tractor 3rd function hydraulic outlet hoses with quick release fittings.
Did my shopping cart, called the company to check and review the order, he said it would all go together, but..
Blake said my couplers might not be right, by golly he was right, had the correct item on my list but I did not select the correct 1/2" ISO 5675 Poppet fitting.
Thanks Blake @ DiscountHydraulicHose.com