Tires Correct Tire Ballasting

/ Correct Tire Ballasting #11  
Gary, here's the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.goodyearag.com/img/findtire/farmhandbook94_165.pdf>link</A> to the information on the Goodyear site. It's a PDF file so it might take a while to download. The tire filling information begins on page 49. BTW, at the link Gordon posted about tire care, Goodyear recommends using cast iron weights instead of filling the tires.

According to the chart, the rear tires (15 x 19.5) on my TC25D would each take 29 gallons of water which would add <font color=blue>240</font color=blue> pounds per tire. Total weight added, <font color=blue>480</font color=blue> pounds. CaCl2, depending on the mix, would add 294 or 320 pounds per tire.

By way of comparison, my Woods rear blade, RB60, weighs 232 pounds.

<font color=blue>Corrected the weights by correctly reading the table. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif</font color=blue>

/ Correct Tire Ballasting #12  
Mike, there's something wrong with your numbers. 29 gal. @ 8+ # per gal. weighs 242# per tire.

/ Correct Tire Ballasting #13  
<font color=blue>Mike, there's something wrong with your numbers.</font color=blue>
Norm, there was something wrong with me, too! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I couldn't read the table right. I corrected my post.